Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New 2013 Stalingrad Movie

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by trainsktg, Sep 29, 2013.

1. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I found this earlier today. It looks to be a cross between Private Ryan, A Band of Brothers and 300. There is probably lots of good Mosin, T34 and MG42 action for those of us interested in historical military weaponry.

Stalingrad 2013 trailer - ?????????? (2013) ??????? HD - YouTube

I see it joining my collection of foreign war movies including Talvisota and Brest Fortress.

Keith

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Sweet.. I'm a going to check them all out.

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Cool! My favorite battle ever! "Hi, is Hitler there? Hey, could you send us some winter uniforms?" and "Hi, we're from Siberia and boy are we pizzed!" It looks to be beautifully filmed. Thanks Keith!

4. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Ya, stalingrad was one if the best war movies made. It's also so different seeing the side of the Germans. I have it on VHS somewhere.

5. trainsktg

Different movie. This one is new for 2013.

Keith

6. mrblond

Ah, so it's a documentary or a hollywoodland type movie?

7. mrblond

Also, if you liked band of brothers, Hans and Spielberg are doing another that focuses on the 8th air force in Jan I think.

8. trainsktg

See the link in my original post. Like Private Ryan, its a fictional story set in real events.

Keith

9. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

If you like some of the newer crop of Russian war movies, you'll probably really enjoy "August Eighth", which is a fictional story centered around the '08 Georgian conflict - just try to ignore the occasional bizarre transformers CGI sequences that are supposed to represent the imagination of one of the movie's young characters. Absolutely great battle sequences on par with any American war flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwT5YEcwS8

There are some other good ones centering around the Afghan war and earlier Georgian and Chechnya conflicts - especially the miniseries "Grozovye Vorota" available on Youtube with subtitles.

10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Stalingrad is an excellent war movie. Very realistic and a great movie showing the meat grinder that along with the weather wore down the vaunted Wehrmacht.

Another primo war movie is The Winter War, very realistic showing the Finns completely outnumbered bloodying the Russians in the 1939 to 1940 Winter War.
    My all time favorite war flick for the losing side is Sam Peckinpah's CROSS OF IRON. I read the book in high school and the movie really captures the tenacity of the German infantryman in retreat and very accurate weapons.
    I'd like to see Air War in the Pacific vs the 8th Air Force. I think the 8th has gotten their fair share of cinema treatment.

Brutus Out

11. trainsktg

Once again, This. Is. A. Different. Stalingrad. Movie, not yet released. I will edit the post title to reflect this.

Keith

12. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Yes, this looks like a very good movie of a significant historical event. But with all due respect, why is this in the "General Firearm Discussion" section and not in the "off topic" section?

13. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member