JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cool! My favorite battle ever! "Hi, is Hitler there? Hey, could you send us some winter uniforms?" and "Hi, we're from Siberia and boy are we pizzed!" It looks to be beautifully filmed. Thanks Keith!

If you like some of the newer crop of Russian war movies, you'll probably really enjoy "August Eighth", which is a fictional story centered around the '08 Georgian conflict - just try to ignore the occasional bizarre transformers CGI sequences that are supposed to represent the imagination of one of the movie's young characters. Absolutely great battle sequences on par with any American war flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwT5YEcwS8

There are some other good ones centering around the Afghan war and earlier Georgian and Chechnya conflicts - especially the miniseries "Grozovye Vorota" available on Youtube with subtitles.

Stalingrad is an excellent war movie. Very realistic and a great movie showing the meat grinder that along with the weather wore down the vaunted Wehrmacht.

Another primo war movie is The Winter War, very realistic showing the Finns completely outnumbered bloodying the Russians in the 1939 to 1940 Winter War.
My all time favorite war flick for the losing side is Sam Peckinpah's CROSS OF IRON. I read the book in high school and the movie really captures the tenacity of the German infantryman in retreat and very accurate weapons.
I'd like to see Air War in the Pacific vs the 8th Air Force. I think the 8th has gotten their fair share of cinema treatment.

Brutus Out

Yes, this looks like a very good movie of a significant historical event. But with all due respect, why is this in the "General Firearm Discussion" section and not in the "off topic" section?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top