JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
sounds like they just became the perfect pair of shoes to support your weak ankles in all your refinishing projects :)

I know shoes I can get stuff on are a neccesity when ever I step into my garage

Steven

Yep, wear them a bit, and it'll wear off I suspect.

Otherwise, paint the other one in the same way, and people will think it was supposed to look like that!

Thanks guys for all your words.

I was a bit over tires and probably a bit dizzy from all the refinishing fumes.

I'm going to try a bleach pen. I didn't actually throw them away. I was just venting. I am sure I can get them clean...I HOPE!

I already have 3 pairs of yard/garage shoes! LOL

You could try using a Mr. Clean magic Eraser... those things do wonders... or some nail polish remover and and scrub with bleach... last resort paint them all that color and have red shoes....

or how about using paint remover? Nike isn't the greatest brand for support. We studied supportive shoes in my biomechanics course and Nike was one of the worst, sorry to say.

I just had to vent. I just purchased a $115 dollar pair of Nikes about 2 months ago. I needed a good pair of shoes to support my weak ankle.

Well, tonight when I was refinishing my 10/22 Stock, I got RED PAINT on them!

I tried using Solvent but it was in the shoe mesh. Won't come out.

They are now in the GARBAGE! :mad: There goes $115 dollar pair of shoes for a $40 dollar stock.

You probably used paint safe solvent, I use it for prepping cars all the time without effecting the clear coat. Use some true paint thinner, because not all solvents will remove paint. Even if it starts to remove coloring, it will be better than red paint on your shoes. Make it a project. Careful, as this will remove color, and a magic eraser is abrasive, but they both will work wonders.

What model of shoe are they? Details.

Thanks guys for all your words.

I was a bit over tires and probably a bit dizzy from all the refinishing fumes.

I'm going to try a bleach pen. I didn't actually throw them away. I was just venting. I am sure I can get them clean...I HOPE!

I already have 3 pairs of yard/garage shoes! LOL

Don't use a bleach pen! You won't remove paint, but will surely bleach the shoes around the paint.

If you have so many yard shoes, may I ask why you were wearing your nice shoes near paint?

You probably used paint safe solvent, I use it for prepping cars all the time without effecting the clear coat. Use some true paint thinner, because not all solvents will remove paint. Even if it starts to remove coloring, it will be better than red paint on your shoes. Make it a project. Careful, as this will remove color, and a magic eraser is abrasive, but they both will work wonders.

What model of shoe are they? Details.

Don't use a bleach pen! You won't remove paint, but will surely bleach the shoes around the paint.

If you have so many yard shoes, may I ask why you were wearing your nice shoes near paint?

I simply forgot I was wearing my good shoes. That's why I have so many "YARD SHOES" they were all once my GOOD SHOES but I forgot I was wearing them and got them dirty. :s0114:
Woops....again.

or how about using paint remover? Nike isn't the greatest brand for support. We studied supportive shoes in my biomechanics course and Nike was one of the worst, sorry to say.

At first I thought you meant the company's product services, considering the context of the thread. After you mentioned biomechanics I realized that you were referring to their shoes, how supportive to your feet Nike shoes are.

Which shoes did you test? It seems silly to generalize all of their shoes, taking into consideration their massive product lines. I find many Nike shoes quite supportive, and some that are purposely unsupported, like the Free. (Which is awesome, by the way.)

At first I thought you meant the company's product services, considering the context of the thread. After you mentioned biomechanics I realized that you were referring to their shoes, how supportive to your feet Nike shoes are.

Which shoes did you test? It seems silly to generalize all of their shoes, taking into consideration their massive product lines. I find many Nike shoes quite supportive, and some that are purposely unsupported, like the Free. (Which is awesome, by the way.)

I have to agree. Nike isn't always the best for Women, sense they use a Mans foot for the Mold on all their shoes. At least that's the way it used to be.

But I have tried nearly EVERY brand and Nike is the only one that really fits my feet well. I don't have big fat feet, but I'm tall and wear a size 11, and I'm very active.

I actually got most of the paint out. I used some paint thiner, nail polish remover and then used a Hot Steamer to get it out. You can still see it, but it's not as bad. Ahh.

I simply forgot I was wearing my good shoes. That's why I have so many "YARD SHOES" they were all once my GOOD SHOES but I forgot I was wearing them and got them dirty. :s0114:
Woops....again.

Not to sound like an ahole or anything, but it sounds to me like you should probably buy shoes that are a little less expensive. I mean, if this has happened many times, dont you think there may be a lesson there? Even primates can learn from their mistakes, right?

I understand your need to vent, but come on man! If you cant keep $115.00 shoes clean, then start buying $35.00 shoes and dont worry about it. If you need more support than $35.00 shoes can give, then wrap your ankle in an ace bandage.

It's always good to keep things in perspective, so consider this. There are MANY people in the world, and in our own country even, who cant afford to buy $115 Nikes. But apparently its no big deal to you, or else you would remember to take them off if you thought they would get stained. So just be happy that you can afford to buy and then promptly ruin nice shoes over and over again!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads