JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been waiting for weeks for my background check to clear through Sportsman's Warehouse in Vancouver

they tell me 3 weeks is normal in Clark Co. now

anyone else experience this?
Must be a WA thing. Last time I bought from sportsman's warehouse (maybe 6 months or a year ago i can't remember) in Portland it was approved as soon as he hit submit button. He just said "instant approval".

About the only thing I buy at Sportsman's anymore is tackle boxes when it's an "Immediate Need" situation or they somehow have a competitive sale price. The ones I buy for my miniatures, I can usually get a better deal at Home Depot anyway... and as a bonus I get huge jackpot on fuel rewards when I buy Home Depot (and other) gift cards at Freddy's. Let's just say I'm getting very good at maximizing the kickback on GC's for places that usually get a ton of my money anyway...

So a few weeks ago I ordered an AR15 from sportsman's warehouse it was estimated to arrive on the 12th. I wait for the 12th and no update so I called their customer support and they said it arrived and I will be contacted when it's ready. I feel like a good bit of companies would follow up with a new estimate date or something absolutely zero communication. I called the store that I placed my in-store pickup with and I was told they had a large shipment of AR15's come in but they only have one person dealing with the entire shipment of AR15's. I politely thanked him not much he could do. I just don't understand what the problem is with communication. I didn't even receive an email when my shipment ship but I know it ship because that's what they told me. Call me old school but I'm a fan of tracking numbers/ status updates specially when I'm spending almost a thousand dollars.. So essentially I'm just waiting till they can get to it lord knows when that will be.. Had I known this is the type of situation I was going to run into I would have bought locally lesson learned! Luckily for me I have enough gun that I should be fine till it's ready to be picked up but what about the people who are buying it for self defense and it is the only gun they have/ don't have? I'm not trying to come off as rude but I'm tired of establishments using Covid-19 as an excuse for bubblegumty service and that goes for almost every retail store I have visited/dealt with in the past 12 months. Moral of the story buying locally. Hopefully I can get my rifle soon after that I won't be doing my business with them again.
If your local shop could even get one for you...

I'm not a fan of SW and also prefer to deal with my local businesses. Double Tap in Bend is always my first stop, but even they have told me from time-to-time the big boc stores get first dibs on inventory because of their volume.

the clerk said it was due to Wa. I-1639, but I can't find anything in this bill covering extended background checks for pistols and even list a max waiting time of just 10 days
It's not due to i1639, it's due to the FBI and the state of WA. The FBI used to do instant approvals "as a courtesy" until the agreement expired. It just happened to be right as 1639 went into effect.

When they told me they wont sell arm braces when asked (when they first came out) I knew they were just like all other big box know nothing stores. I appreciate them because they carry a selection of defensive ammo and a few other odds and ends that come in handy. But their firearms are marked up and rarely do they they have what I want.
Sorry to hear about your troubles man, I 100% agree about the covid thing.. we're nearly 2 years post covid.. covid is no longer an excuse. Its just laziness or incompetence.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but there is a huge disruption in the global supply chain, and a major shortage of truck drivers. This is effecting every industry and retail distribution channel across the globe.

Sportsmans in Silverdale. The tall chubby kid with the black hair likes to play with the DA revolvers. Watched him, several times, working the actions while just standing around. The bad part? He flips the cylinder closed like you see on TV.

I bought a reolver there against my better judgment. Get it home and loading up for a range trip. You guessed it, bent crane.

Went back. No returns, No refund, "Send it back to the factory" would not listen to anything I said. Spoke to managers about this, called corporate office. No dice.

I know for certain it was that kid, I mentioned it to all of them. He's still there, still flipping cylinders closed, still damaging revolvers.

Never buy from that store again.

Sportsmans in Silverdale. The tall chubby kid with the black hair likes to play with the DA revolvers. Watched him, several times, working the actions while just standing around. The bad part? He flips the cylinder closed like you see on TV.

I bought a reolver there against my better judgment. Get it home and loading up for a range trip. You guessed it, bent crane.

Went back. No returns, No refund, "Send it back to the factory" would not listen to anything I said. Spoke to managers about this, called corporate office. No dice.

I know for certain it was that kid, I mentioned it to all of them. He's still there, still flipping cylinders closed, still damaging revolvers.

Never buy from that store again.
Must be related to the Sportsmans GCE who told me about the "Hornady bullets that they removed from the marketplace because they where too brutal" in 485gr .45 ACP he shoots through his S&W M&P.

I was buying a G29 in 10mm and for some reason he felt the need to attempt to make me feel inferior. Didn't work.

I refuse to even acknowledge the person has spoken to me when they spray this type fecal aerosol.

I had them mess up my paper work, then blame me for it.
won't go into much details, but they called cops on me.
cops came, found out at that time I work for PPD, that I was not a felon, that they miss up my form with other with a completely different person.

why???
I was Mexican and they mix it up with other that was Mexican.
they also said in the back (I over heard) I can't find the wet backs paperwork.
first in last time i shop chain store for guns
:mad: sorry

why???
I was Mexican and they mix it up with other that was Mexican.
they also said in the back (I over heard) I can't find the wet backs paperwork.
first in last time i shop chain store for guns
This is horrible and no one should ever have to experience this kind of discrimination in this or any era.
That said, they went old school with the slur. Don't hear a lot of people dip into the calling someone a WB. That dude had to have been at least late 60's to trot that one out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top