JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Absolutely not, do you always get good or even reasonable service in a restraint? Also, I despise these fast food joints that ask for tips too. I don't eat out that much but tips are to be weaned and had better not be expected. I work hard for my money and if someone isn't working for theirs they get an appropriate tip amount.
I don't know...after thinking about it, I'm not sure I've ever had good or even reasonable service in a restraint.

I don't know...after thinking about it, I'm not sure I've ever had good or even reasonable service in a restraint.
I don't know... kinda depends upon the restraint as to how good the "service" might be, ya know? ;)

Masks_day to night.JPG

Last Edited:
As a side note, I did get decent service while restrained once…….not really.
Hey, no one here's judgin'...

I mean, hell, I'm just as guilty as you ar... Ooops! Nevermind... :oops:

So a few weeks ago I ordered an AR15 from sportsman's warehouse it was estimated to arrive on the 12th. I wait for the 12th and no update so I called their customer support and they said it arrived and I will be contacted when it's ready. I feel like a good bit of companies would follow up with a new estimate date or something absolutely zero communication. I called the store that I placed my in-store pickup with and I was told they had a large shipment of AR15's come in but they only have one person dealing with the entire shipment of AR15's. I politely thanked him not much he could do. I just don't understand what the problem is with communication. I didn't even receive an email when my shipment ship but I know it ship because that's what they told me. Call me old school but I'm a fan of tracking numbers/ status updates specially when I'm spending almost a thousand dollars.. So essentially I'm just waiting till they can get to it lord knows when that will be.. Had I known this is the type of situation I was going to run into I would have bought locally lesson learned! Luckily for me I have enough gun that I should be fine till it's ready to be picked up but what about the people who are buying it for self defense and it is the only gun they have/ don't have? I'm not trying to come off as rude but I'm tired of establishments using Covid-19 as an excuse for bubblegumty service and that goes for almost every retail store I have visited/dealt with in the past 12 months. Moral of the story buying locally. Hopefully I can get my rifle soon after that I won't be doing my business with them again.
we had the same experience in Vancouver store on May 15, I mean almost word for word response and lack of email when it came in
we also had to call corporate support to verify it had come in
and when we went down to the store, they only said it was in a large shipment in the back and had not been inventoried
maybe it's in their employee handbook

I am quickly learning the hard way not to order a firearm from Sportsman and have it shipped to a store. Horrible process, zero communication.

If you must order a firearm from Sportsman, have it shipped to a local FFL you trust.

I am quickly learning the hard way not to order a firearm from Sportsman and have it shipped to a store. Horrible process, zero communication.

If you must order a firearm from Sportsman, have it shipped to a local FFL you trust.
Funny. I just got back today from Sportsmans in Everett. I ordered a G29 gen4 on the website on 8/9. The email stated it would arrive in the store on the 17th. It actually arrived on the 11th. The store called me the day it arrived. I didn't get in there for a few days after to do my 4473, but just this morning, I got the call with the proceed.

I picked it up a couple hours ago. A lot could be said about the gun counter efficiency with the double paperwork checks by two people and the whole security theater they go through which has me standing there waiting to walk out with my paid for and approved handgun, but big-box corporate purchases are what they are these days.

All in all, I'm satisfied, I had a 20% off coupon, which is the only reason I purchased it through them. It wasn't near as bad experience as you described, as their communication in this case was on point.

Never got a call or email that my pistol was in.

At least there was no issue finding my gun when I went to the store. It still took over ONE HOUR to complete the process, they weren't busy.

I gave Sportsman Warehouse Vancouver another chance this week, simply because their price was good
I got the email as expected when it was ready
drove down on a Sunday to complete the paperwork - my mistake
one person at the counter and 8 people in line
so I left and came back early Monday morning
3 people behind the counter and I was the only customer
30 min in and out - just waiting for the call when they get the approvals back

and the ammo shelves were stocked - except for .380 and .22LR

I've had pretty good luck with the Kelso store. My first purchase I got a the "It's here but we have to check it in" story as well, but I just went in anyway and they went ahead and put mine at the front of the line and checked it in right there. I walked out with it 30 minutes later. I'm sure there's better service elsewhere, but they do have pretty good prices and with the military discount I can deal with a little chit.

I hear from reliable sources that the manager of the SW in Albany is a real bubblegum. Heard he likes to play god with the reloading supplies. He'll make people sit around while he sits on stock then tell them they have nothing. Soon as they leave he'll put out stock just to spite them. Confirmed this with ex LEO's and civilians.

I'm just glad that the few firearms I've bought from SW were on sale and SW would have been lucky to make $100 on all of them.

about a year ago I wanted a ruger precision 22, nothing local, sportsmans had one in Portland, had to talk to that store , said they would not ship it to bend, bought one, 3 weeks later they call and say your gun is here. Go there every couple years, not a fan

We hardly ever buy a FIREARM from a BIG sporting goods store. Although, my husband has bought from SW and a few others in the PAST 'gun wise'. He and I never had any issues from them.

We usually used and still use SMALL stores, some family owned ones or single owner ones.

We have bought holsters, western gun belts, related gun items, ammunition and reloading stock from large and small stores too. Knives, axes and 'hawks too!

Plus we took some reloading stock, ammo, new guns, a knife, fishing gear, a few books, etc. from OUR sales - full in store CREDIT from a couple of small stores in the past. We did not need the cash and we did Not have to sell squat for money so we used our sale money for something else over the years.

Almost all of our GUN shopping has been special order (NIB) or a NIB firearm that has not been handled - in the back room - an extra - duplicate gun like one in a glass case. Almost all of those firearms (Knives too!) have been from small - local dealers that we have known for a long time too.

We continue to buy from one of our favorite FFL dealers and he has been good to us with excellent - outstanding customer service, prices, etc.

Many of the smaller, favorite and more eclectic gun stores have CLOSED around here too. I have seen this BIG time just since I moved out here. Many of them were in business from the 50's too. My MT born/raised husband told me about those shops and their history too. They were NOT just in this immediate area or county/city too.

Our FFL dealer found my husband's last gun. It was an anniversary gift from me to him.

Thank you, B.!

We continue to use him for our sales as my husband's shooting needs have changed due to his age, a few physical issues, his favorite firearms, extra reloading stock sales since changes were made in his guns, caliber changes, etc.

I have loved and respected my past FFL dealers and they have treated me well back east and out here.

My husband said that he would rather give our FAVORITE FFL MAN our business FIRST when it comes to buying or selling too. I agree with him.

Best wishes to all of you out there shopping, selling or buying.

Cate

I ordered a firearm accessory through the online system to be shipped to store. Was a joke and likely would not order anything there again, I have however purchased seven guns over the counter and was flawless. Every gun I have wanted except one I was able to eventually find in stock without too much delay. Vancouver store.

I take it you haven't noticed help wanted signs almost everywhere with positions open in every department. A lot of companies can't even get management positions filled right now. Just sayin'

When they told me they wont sell arm braces when asked (when they first came out) I knew they were just like all other big box know nothing stores. I appreciate them because they carry a selection of defensive ammo and a few other odds and ends that come in handy. But their firearms are marked up and rarely do they they have what I want.
Sorry to hear about your troubles man, I 100% agree about the covid thing.. we're nearly 2 years post covid.. covid is no longer an excuse. Its just laziness or incompetence.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top