JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never under estimate the stupidity of others. Put your guns AWAY before company comes over.

Sad that somebody died, but if they weren't playing with a loaded gun it wouldn't have happened.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

ZERO sympathy for a grown man who accidentally kills himself in the way he did unless he was severely mentally challenged.

Sucks for his family though and I certainly feel bad for them, but I mean come on...

Just more fuel for the anti-gun fire...

And oh yeah, .22s are VERY lethal when applied correctly... What about that news story a while back where a guy shot and killed his wife because he was using a .22 to "drill a hole in the wall"...

I notice the story put it as "the revolver accidentally fired" instead of "the man pulled the trigger and shot himself".

In some 40 years of having guns I haven't had a single one "accidentally fire" itself.

Yes, I have to absolutely agree, in my 36 years on this planet I have to see a gun accidentally go off. I had to post it after reading that this morning. My thoughts were he was pulling some real cowboy hold my beer whatch me twirl this pistol stunt....ending in tragedy unfortunately.

Yes i believe the femoral artery is in the chest next to your heart? My wife could tell me lol. Its funny that the .22 only kills when you dont want it to and stupid people are using it. When you need to save a life or use it for defense its worthless.

Matt

Yep exactly! The femoral is in your legs. Gotta love the local media's expert fact checkers!

I have heard that .22 can deflect off dense materials travel through your body in different directions once it's entered. I'm not an expert by any means but it might explain how a bullet that entered the abdomen could traverse down to damage the femoral.

22 is so underrated when it comes to killing power. has enough energy to penetrate, and is deflected so easily. ann rule wrote a story bout a guy looking for sympathy for a ex girlfriend, staged a robbery where he was shot with a 22. had the shot placed correctly to do minimal damage, but didnt take the rib into the equation. slug hit the rib,. deflected into his heart...

The femoral artery extends from the leg up into the abdomen where they both join together and go to the heart. If he shot himself in the lower abdomen it is entirely possible that he could have hit himself in the upper part of the artery where it drops out of the abdomen into the legs.

I assumed he was shot in the lower abdomen, and it possibly deflected in his hip area. Regardless, that's absolutely horrible to be shot in an artery.

Reminds me of that scene in the movie Black Hawk Down where they are trying to clamp off a wounded guys femoral artery and it kept retreating up into his body and they couldn't get it clamped. Sad.

Just sad! Sucks that the gun owner wasn't responsible enough to keep it in a safe place or unload it. The guy is to blame as well, he should have checked the gun.

Sorry for the family!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top