JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one time I didn't have my gun in the car or on me I got into some road rage incident.
Only reason I didn't have my truck gun was because I just got back from vacation and hadn't put it back in.
All turned out ok after some yelling, cussing, and some de-escalation.

image.jpeg

I think I may have the record for forgetting to..............I forgot what it was i'm supposed to remember!!! LOL You are not the only one to forget, and you learned something with out having to go to the school of hard knocks! It happens. I find this simple trick helps me to make sure I do not leave the house with out all my stuff! Nest to the front door, or on the night stand, or any where you wish, place EVERY THING that you normally need when you leave the house! Keys, wallet, watch, phone, Pistols/holsters, screw driver, flashlight, tickets, licences and tags, boat keys, exct! This way I find you never forget when you have it all in a pile in one place!!!

I think I may have the record for forgetting to..............I forgot what it was i'm supposed to remember!!! LOL You are not the only one to forget, and you learned something with out having to go to the school of hard knocks! It happens. I find this simple trick helps me to make sure I do not leave the house with out all my stuff! Nest to the front door, or on the night stand, or any where you wish, place EVERY THING that you normally need when you leave the house! Keys, wallet, watch, phone, Pistols/holsters, screw driver, flashlight, tickets, licences and tags, boat keys, exct! This way I find you never forget when you have it all in a pile in one place!!!

Everything in one place all the time is my system too.

It was a short drive so even if it were my phone I would have not gone back to get it.

Normally I do the pat down to make sure all my pockets have things in them just before I walk out the door.

BUT

I am also highly distractable and "squirrel" is said to me by my ladies regularly when I all of a sudden change topics or something lol:p

Everything in one place all the time is my system too.

It was a short drive so even if it were my phone I would have not gone back to get it.

Normally I do the pat down to make sure all my pockets have things in them just before I walk out the door.

BUT

I am also highly distractable and "squirrel" is said to me by my ladies regularly when I all of a sudden change topics or something lol:p

Yeah, I've also been known to...Squirrel!!!...wait, what??

I keep my pistol on the night stand, with the flashlight, and the IWB holster stays clipped to my pants. When I dress the empty holster reminds me to replace my gun. I only switch my stuff to clean or different pants in the morning so I'll remember to holster the gat. As I get older/squirrelier I need these tactics more and more!o_O

I threw my holster on once, went to town, stopped at the bike shop, sat on their porch, got up to go inside, made purchase, left for next errand, and realized no pistol...
I freaked out thinking it fell out some magical way on the porch at the bike shop. My pistol was safe at home, but man did that wake me up.

I threw my holster on once, went to town, stopped at the bike shop, sat on their porch, got up to go inside, made purchase, left for next errand, and realized no pistol...
I freaked out thinking it fell out some magical way on the porch at the bike shop. My pistol was safe at home, but man did that wake me up.

Nothing like a personal experience to drive home eh?

Just sat down on an empty holster! Just now!!! Forgot I took my Carry piece out and set it on the counter while I was making dinner! Don't even know why I took it out in the first place! Must be gittin old or something! Maybe that and loosing the one good marble I got left bouncin round my knoggin! See, Stuff happens!

I've been making it a point to carry lately when I leave the castle. I keep my EDC knife on me regardless of where I'm going.

I had a snafu last night at the baseball game. Realized I had it on me and as a coach... o_O. The league doesn't look too highly upon 'weapons' but I'm not sure what they think about 'tools'. Even though they have plenty of weapons the teams use for batting.

The downside is typically I'm wearing elastic based shorts with a draw string and I can't holster with them.

I can say my wife is getting acclimated to my constant carrying to where she doesn't even question it anymore.

image.jpeg
What gun?

Last Edited:
Special technique when going to the head: hold on to both ends of the belt, drop pants, re-buckle on the last hole, and spread knees just far enough to keep the entire setup at knee level. No need to unholster ... ;-)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top