Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Never thought I'd be so happy to see bulk 22 LR on a store shelf!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Truenorth, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

325 rd boxes of high velocity Federal auto target for $18 each at my local gun shop.
    Almost got choked up a little at the gun counter when they handed me a nice heavy box of 22.

Of course it's a membership store and they ask members to only buy 1 bulk box a day but I'm cool with that.
    Prevents hoarding, everyone hgets a chance to buy some plinking ammo and they can keep it in stock at thier regular low price.

.556,.223 .45 auto, 9mm, .308 and the like were all in stock at thier regulr price as well.

Nice to see the ammo price-jacking, low inventory and hoarding starting to blow over.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Cupboards are still very bare at Bi-Mart here on the coast......

3. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

However that regular priced box of .22 used to contain 525 rounds though didn't it?

4. peetar

peetar Kitsap County Active Member

I used to buy 550 rd boxes for about 13 bux on sale but a candy bar used to be 50 cents and blah blah blah

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  5. STUBSZERO

STUBSZERO Albany Oregon Member

Bi-mart in Albany had a few boxes of .40 but still no .22lr. :/ I found some 9mm at Wal-mart, some brand I don't know much about,14$ for 50, and steel cased Tulammo, 10 something for 50. I went with 3 boxes of the off brand brass.

6. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Bi-Mart in Forest Grove had 2 bricks on the shelf. They left with my brother and myself.

STUBSZERO and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well heck you could have bought the same thing here from a fine upstanding individual for only $60.00 a box. What were you thinking?

8. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

The Federal Auto Match have always came in 325rd boxes.

9. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

Seem to recall the 325 rd boxes of Federal auto match were $18 last summer, the Remington 525 round boxes were $25 but it's been almost a year since I've picked those up. Bought 4 of the 50 round boxes of Magtech .45 auto for $22 each. Been awhile since I've seen those in stock. I think ammo prices in Seattle are generally a little higher than the big mart stores.

10. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

HAHAHA, nice try... candy bars were a plug nickel back in tha day...