JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! I've been on here for a couple weeks now and i have to say I'm really impressed with this community, and I'm grateful for it's existence.

I've only been in the gun world for about 3 years, only have a couple so far, although the 3rd is on it's way thanks to this forum!! So...I hope to not turn this into a bitter political discussion thread. But in the name of honesty and diversity, I feel like I should say that I was raised in an anti-gun household so just defacto thought "guns are bad" but never really gave it any other thought other than that. Only a few years ago I decided to think for myself about guns and the "issues" surrounding them, and now I'm a strong believer in/supporter of the 2nd amendment. I am mostly progressive in almost every other way, with the exception of guns. I like to consider myself a left leaning libertarian. It's been a huge transformation as far as my beliefs go, which has been liberating, but it's also a huge burden. As a result, I don't feel like I have anywhere to vote. As you can guess I'm pretty closeted about my gun ownership to my family and my social circle. But I'm glad to be a part of this community! Here's to working to break down the political divide through open dialogue, firearm safety training, encouraging personal responsibility of one's safety, and reframing the false narrative the antigunners have built.

Best wishes to you all and thanks again for being here.

Last Edited:
Yeah, welcome from over here, 120 miles or so West of Belgium.

My dad was an early kind of terrorist, at least the British government thought so, so I was raised with guns in the background. Never not had them around in my entire life, so while I sympathise with your early upbringing, I'll never understand how a nation born out of the effective use of arms can still have citizens who decry them and their use.

Like somebody once remarked - 'It's better to have a gun and not have to use it, than needing a gun and not having it.'

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry, most of the folks around here are good people.

Being registered green party member, let me just say that right now being a single issue voter in favor of 2A is where it's at. ;)

Welcome from the North side of the river. Good intro. I have talked to many people
like you that were raised with total negative gun beliefs and were converted. I have
friends/acquaintances that are Democrat, Independent and Libertarian beliefs but are
closeted gun owners. Some are ashamed or apologist about being a gun owner.:eek:
We all need to come out of the closet to friends and acquaintances to promote and
protect are 2A rights. Take a non gun owning friend shooting.:rolleyes: Common sense and
facts are on our side. Good to have you here brother.:):p:D

Welcome to the forum.... sounds like you chose the "red pill" and are awaking from "the slumber".

Helpful hint to help you along your journey:

Stop "feeling" & start thinking. ALWAYS choose freedom & liberty over the promises of "safety" & "security". They're ALWAYS lies designed to enslave you.

That is all, carry on!

Welcome aboard! I wouldn't hide the fact that you partake in your 2nd amendment rights. I believe if more Normal people trained up and carried we would have a much more polite society with less victims. Offer to take your anti friends and family shooting and teach them gun safety. If someone disowned you for protecting yourself and family maybe you shouldn't be around them?

Welcome aboard! I wouldn't hide the fact that you partake in your 2nd amendment rights. I believe if more Normal people trained up and carried we would have a much more polite society with less victims. Offer to take your anti friends and family shooting and teach them gun safety. If someone disowned you for protecting yourself and family maybe you shouldn't be around them?

This.

—& also to @Witsendidk, Greetings Program!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top