Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Never Built an AR? Two Hands-On Classes - AR-15 @ 9/20 & AR10 @ 9/27 6 PM

LuckySG

Reactions
Here is an opportunity for several folks to get some hand on confidence and help with building an AR-15 and an AR10 from a pile of parts.

Both rifles will be build with billet uppers/lowers from Noreen and will be Cerakoted. The AR-15 will be sporting a 16" 1:7 .223 Wylde heavy barrel and the AR10 will be a 20" 1:8 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last edited:

Caveman Jim

Reactions
Awesome stuff here Jeremy, wish i was closer to you..... wait, I'm on "limited funds" mode for the next few years.... LOL

Good on you for going that extra mile for your customers!!!;)

OP
LuckySG

LuckySG

Reactions
Trying to confuse me with math, unh?
Nah, I saw a Rotor-Rooter truck today and realized that may have been the inspiration for the Nike ad a few Olympics back "You don't win the silver..." so for the rest of this week I am skipping the some even numbers that have negative connotations.

buffalo-wings.jpg

OP
LuckySG

LuckySG

Reactions
All the bits have arrived for both the AR-15 and AR10. If we have an abundance of time either night I have an AR-9 to do, if not that can be another week as it will be getting a Law Tactical folder and Dolos to break down neatly into a camera case.

The AR10 lower came in the raw, I was leaning towards Titanium Cerakote for the receiver halfs, barrel, and handguard, but totally open to other suggestions, especially if someone was thinking about this living in their safe one day.

Same goes for the other two! I had the AR-15 earmarked for Burnt Bronze Cerakote and the AR-9 was going to get OD Green. Would love to hear what you all would prefer for colors on your firearms. Yes it can have more than one color or a pattern.

WP_20180912_14_31_56_Pro.jpg

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online