Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Never Built an AR? Two Hands-On Classes - AR-15 @ 9/20 & AR10 @ 9/27 6 PM

LuckySG

Reactions
Here is an opportunity for several folks to get some hand on confidence and help with building an AR-15 and an AR10 from a pile of parts.

Both rifles will be build with billet uppers/lowers from Noreen and will be Cerakoted. The AR-15 will be sporting a 16" 1:7 .223 Wylde heavy barrel and the AR10 will be a 20" 1:8 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last edited:
OP
L

LuckySG

Reactions
All the bits have arrived for both the AR-15 and AR10. If we have an abundance of time either night I have an AR-9 to do, if not that can be another week as it will be getting a Law Tactical folder and Dolos to break down neatly into a camera case.

The AR10 lower came in the raw, I was leaning towards Titanium Cerakote for the receiver halfs, barrel, and handguard, but totally open to other suggestions, especially if someone was thinking about this living in their safe one day.

Same goes for the other two! I had the AR-15 earmarked for Burnt Bronze Cerakote and the AR-9 was going to get OD Green. Would love to hear what you all would prefer for colors on your firearms. Yes it can have more than one color or a pattern.

WP_20180912_14_31_56_Pro.jpg

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent

Staff online