JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're defacing others property to suit themselves. This is vandalism just like putting graffiti on the building.

Exactly Drew, but that's no issue for those who are "morally superior".

I don't pay a bit of attention to those signs anyway.

Fortunately we're in a state where that's no big deal. Apparently NC is not like that and some tiny non-standardized sticker could get you in trouble.

Honestly I can't remember the last time I saw one of those things I just never look for them.

I see them occasionally, but mostly in places I don't frequent on a regular basis. Unfortunately I had to go to Vancouver mall this week (SWMBO insisted on seeing a movie), but going to a liquor control board controlled (part of a) business means no carry either. Sure, unconstitutional and what not, but tell that to the state judge. :)

I haven't seen one at Van Mall in quite a while, so I carry there all the time (of we bother to go there any more).

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

The movie theater has the signs. 4x4 inch with a Beretta 92 in a typical 'no gun' traffic sign. Not sure if that means I can't take my M9 there. :)

"North Carolina law: In NC, any No Guns sign has the force of law. There is not standard mandated sign, like Texas's 30.06 sign. Passing a "No Guns" sign while carrying a gun on a CHP is a Class 1 Misdemeanor."

"North Carolina law: In NC, any No Guns sign has the force of law. There is not standard mandated sign, like Texas's 30.06 sign. Passing a "No Guns" sign while carrying a gun on a CHP is a Class 1 Misdemeanor."
WA doesn't have any requirement like the TX 30.06 law either, but bypassing a sign in of itself carries no criminal charge. If and ONLY if you are asked to leave and refuse to do so can you be charged and then it's only a trespassing charge. I'm just wondering what will happen in Seattle if someone is caught carrying in the places that the mayor has encouraged to place signs. Will they still have to ask the person to leave or will they try and skirt the law and charge them anyway?

Deen
NRA Recruiter

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

...Will they still have to ask the person to leave or will they try and skirt the law and charge them anyway?

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Would be my guess that they would have to ask them to leave first. Those signs have no force of law in this state.

Growing up in TX and having a CHL there exposed me to a lot of legality issues about those signs. By law Texas only recognizes one sign to prevent carrying on any premises, and it was to contain extremely specific words, has to be at every entrance (including employee only doors), and it is rather large. Large enough that some passer-by would have trouble putting one up without getting outed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top