JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ravenswood, do you honestly believe criminals care about any laws?

No, but it might keep people and businesses from unintentionally selling their firearm to a criminal who might have otherwise been halted from that sale with a quick background check.

Sure, a criminal isn't going to go the legit way, but it sure limits many who might be less resourceful thugs.

I don't think it's unreasonable to know if you're selling a gun to someone any sensible person would think shouldn't have it.

Once this gets to places like AZ and TX, it's game over for us. It's attrition and we're losing
Not in Texas-moved here from Liberal Wash. state 20 years ago-saw it becoming a "lefty" state- the gun culture here is unreal-doubt we'll see a law change in my life time-the "Alamo attitude" is alive & well!!

UBC FFL FEES FOR SIMPLE - PRIVATE SALE TRANSFERS:

If the .gov folks and GUN CONTROL FOLKS in power really wanted to help out a person that might want to sell a couple of guns or an ESTATE or if someone decides not to shoot a specific style of gun due to a physical issue or old age and they decide not to keep it any longer... they would MAKE IT VERY SIMPLE and at a lower cost for them to do this.

MAKE ONE, FLAT, SIMPLE, LOW COST FEE ($ not $$$$$) for SELLER A and BUYER B. They agree on a price, they go to a FFL man, the FFL man fills out paperwork, the buyer and seller do, the NICS call is made and the deal is done. The seller made his sale, the buyer made his purchase and the FFL man made his money on a simple transaction. Everyone is happy!

I don't know what UBC transfer prices you have in ALL of your states since your laws were passed. I know that some places charge a higher price than others from what I have seen, read and heard.

So what are the LOWEST PRICES, AVERAGE PRICES AND HIGHEST PRICES that you have in your states for simple transfer fees - UBC?

Thank you.

The buyer and seller are right there with the FFL man and they already agreed to the price and DEAL.

Cate

You would think after all criminals and shooters and killers out there that have bought there guns legal. That they would figure out that BG checks don't really work vary well. So much stuff is or doesn't make in the system. They really need to make a system that works or give it up.
Nothing works if you don't use it properly. My wife Googled her name and a site called My Life popped up with a bunch of personal information. Kids, relatives, ect. When she did it to my name she didn't show up as my wife and is mad at me for bad information on the net I never out.

They want all the information but have so much the can't control it or properly use it. Look how many prohibited people pass the BGC. In California you can go to jail for target shooting with a $6 birdcage but 14 people were murdered because government didn't get a terrorist.

Gun laws do not stop criminals PERIOD!

BUT, I can say having worked the gun counter for a while, the BGC does stop some! On average, we had 1 a month who attempted a purchase and was denied! We also has several attempted straw purchases that got stopped cold, usually by the employee or the shop owner! Outside of that, I still saw a lot of bad types looking at all the new guns, but likely knowing better then attempting a purchase!

SO, do BGC check work, Partially! Should we have them, based on what I observed, Yes!
I think we need to move on and stop ranting and raving about the BGC's other then to say NO MORE added to what we already have!
I would say, a One time check, All agencies communicating properly all the time to keep the files current and updated!
and as long as you have not been flagged in the system, you don't need to do a BGC any more!
Make it a part of the Drivers Licence, you show your D.L. and if it dosn't have a Red flag of some sort, your gun rights are still good and no paper work is needed! If you become a prohibited person, you get to visit the DMV after doing your time and your D.L. gets changed with the restriction marking that tells every one that you are prohibited! Private sales are now coverd as well, I can see the flag on your D.L. and tell you no deal, have a nice day! easy peasy, and no 4473's for any one any more! No more call to NICS or the FBI or any State agency, your D.L. is it and good to go! A CPL could also show on your D.L. making that a needless extra step we could get rid of!

Sort of like the old Zebra Plates on cars,if ya had a zebra plate, you were not allowed to drive except to work and back!

Se, THIS is how we compromise, they get to keep the BGC, but We are no longer burdened by it! It stops the illegal transfers, and every one wins!

UBC FFL FEES FOR SIMPLE - PRIVATE SALE TRANSFERS:

If the .gov folks and GUN CONTROL FOLKS in power really wanted to help out a person that might want to sell a couple of guns or an ESTATE or if someone decides not to shoot a specific style of gun due to a physical issue or old age and they decide not to keep it any longer... they would MAKE IT VERY SIMPLE and at a lower cost for them to do this.

MAKE ONE, FLAT, SIMPLE, LOW COST FEE ($ not $$$$$) for SELLER A and BUYER B. They agree on a price, they go to a FFL man, the FFL man fills out paperwork, the buyer and seller do, the NICS call is made and the deal is done. The seller made his sale, the buyer made his purchase and the FFL man made his money on a simple transaction. Everyone is happy!

I don't know what UBC transfer prices you have in ALL of your states since your laws were passed. I know that some places charge a higher price than others from what I have seen, read and heard.

So what are the LOWEST PRICES, AVERAGE PRICES AND HIGHEST PRICES that you have in your states for simple transfer fees - UBC?

Thank you.

The buyer and seller are right there with the FFL man and they already agreed to the price and DEAL.

Cate

Let me clarify something here so that some people here understand what I typed above.

I am talking about the PLACES where they have these NEW LAWS on the books, already passed, where a simple, honest, private sale between 2 people can't be made LEGALLY (WA, OR, NV, ETC.) since the .gov folks and the gun control folks ALREADY PASSED THESE LAWS!

So the TRANSFER FFL FEES that these .gov folks FORCED PEOPLE TO USE, buyer/seller, to PAY TO A FFL MAN should be low and simple in a FLAT FEE. Not some jacked up prices all over the place ($ to $$$$!) from state to state or town to town.

What I want to know IS what are these FFL men/women CHARGING a buyer/seller who already AGREED TO A DEAL AND PRICE and it is a simple 'transfer'?

Low, medium to high transfer fee/prices?

In my NOT so humble opinion, they have prices all over from low to high ON PURPOSE so many of the people who want to SELL to a WILLING BUYER… it makes it harder for them to make a deal even if they already agreed on a price. It adds more to the price of a gun unless the buyer or seller agree to split the FFL transfer fee or only one party pays it or jacks up the price.

That is what I mean. They - .gov gets involved, they pass these new laws, it discourages private sales and even some ESTATE sales and the .gov folks don't have a listed price saying that a simple transfer fee should not be OVER x price or it should be a flat, set and simple fee.

This discourages private sales from small ones to large estate ones done slowly over time PLUS it makes it harder and more expensive for the HONEST Jane or Joe to make a deal.

So what prices are you seeing in your states?

Thank you.

Cate

So I should not ask what the FEES are in your states?

Okay.

I am sorry since I did not know that was not allowed here.

I know that gun laws don't stop criminals if those words were meant for me or any other person.

Cate

Okay, so no set fee across the state.

Thank you.

Cate

Okay, so no set fee across the state.

Thank you.

Cate
Here in OryGun, the standard charge set by Oregon State Police is $10 per transaction and after the first, they wave the fee in doing multiple transactions in a single 24 hour period!
The dealers charge what ever they want only for private transfers, new or dealer stocked used, its the State $10 charge!

No, but it might keep people and businesses from unintentionally selling their firearm to a criminal who might have otherwise been halted from that sale with a quick background check.

Sure, a criminal isn't going to go the legit way, but it sure limits many who might be less resourceful thugs.

I don't think it's unreasonable to know if you're selling a gun to someone any sensible person would think shouldn't have it.

If you are worried aboutt the person purchasing from you, then there was already the option to a. Not sell to them. Or b. Do a background check on them yourself. You shouldn't need a law to follow your own morals.

The former leaders did not mention universal background checks would do nothing to prevent "a prohibited person" from purchasing a gun in a parking lot or dark alley. Moreover, they did not address the fact that nearly every mass shooter of the 21st century acquired his guns via a background check rather than a parking lot.

In fact, the only mass shooters who did not acquire their guns via background checks were those who stole them.

The following is a partial list of mass shooters and high profile attackers who acquired their guns via background checks:

• Borderline Bar & Grill attacker (November 7, 2018)
  • Synagogue attacker (October 27, 2018)
  • Parkland high school attacker (February 14, 2018)
  • Texas church attacker (November 5, 2017)
  • Las Vegas attacker (October 1, 2017)
  • the Alexandria attacker (June 14, 2017))
  • Orlando attacker (June 12, 2016)
  • the UCLA gunman (June 1, 2016))
  • the San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
  • the Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
  • the Umpqua Community College attacker (October 1, 2015)
  • Alison Parker's attacker (August 26, 2015)
  • the Lafayette movie theater attacker (July 23, 2015)
  • the Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
  • the alleged Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
  • the Muhammad Carton Contest attackers (May 3, 2014)
  • the Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2015)
  • the Santa Barbara attacker (May 23, 2014)
  • the Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
  • the Arapahoe High School attacker (December 13, 2013)
  • the D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
  • the Aurora movie theater attacker (July 20, 2012)
  • Gabby Giffords' attacker (January 8, 2011)
  • the Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
  • the Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007), and many others.
The list of attackers who acquired their guns via background checks demonstrates the futility of looking at such checks as a way to stop violent attackers.

Former Military Leaders Push Gun Control That Failed in IL, CA

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top