JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just finished a story on Elon Musk's latest business — Neuralink. It is what the name suggests; connecting the brain directly into the computer/network. Could it result in medical breakthroughs, better communication, significant advances in education, or even the next evolutionary step of mankind? Or is it the backstory of why the Cyborg Overlords take over the world in 2031? Who knows. :p

Anyway, I found it an interesting read and thought I'd pass it along: Here's How Elon Musk Plans to Stitch a Computer into Your Brain

Within a few hundred years this or something like it will be the new smartphone. It's inevitable.

But I agree with Zenbreath: we truly aren't ready for this.

I hope it works out better than his cars and flamethrowers. :)

Yes, but this product is something that bolts directly to your brain. What could go wrong? :s0165:

Within a few hundred years this or something like it will be the new smartphone. It's inevitable.

Agreed. The technology is in it's infancy, but, in humble opinion, it is inevitable. Those of us here now won't likely see it come completely to fruition, but our children might.

I thought Elon Musk was advocating against AI. Something like Neuralink is just a way for AI to have direct access to your brain, thus the system will have ultimate and direct control over you. Think the wrong thought and the (literally) thought police kick down your front door. If you are dumb enough to have Alexa in your home, you will be dumb enough to have this in your head.

I thought Elon Musk was advocating against AI. Something like Neuralink is just a way for AI to have direct access to your brain, thus the system will have ultimate and direct control over you. Think the wrong thought and the (literally) thought police kick down your front door. If you are dumb enough to have Alexa in your home, you will be dumb enough to have this in your head.

Quoted for truth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads