JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AMC's Hell on Wheels, great show about Post Civil War Railroad. I like history though...
Copper, from BBC. Set in the Five Points Region of New York City post Civil War. Fantastic show
Arrested Development
Jericho
Firefly
The wife watches The Ghost Whisperer
I just started Awake, which only ran one season on NBC but is pretty good so far.

I just looked for series I'd heard of and went crazy on the queue.

Longmire is pretty good, but it's hard to get into considering how many murders happen in the county in Wyoming, not very realistic...

I was getting nervous towards the end of the Jericho series that because it was canceled so early that it would end on a cliffhanger. They crammed a lot stuff into that last episode and you could tell it wasn't the original intent of the writers but it worked out O.K.. I saw the alternate ending on the internet that was intended to be shown also.
I plan on watching more Netflix series and hope I don't get left hanging by shows that were abruptly canceled with no closure in the ending.

Watched ALL the Breaking Bad episodes.

Now moving on to Dexter. Thought it was a cartoon. Apparently not. Keeps coming up as a recommended for me :)

I admit, I have used on demand with Comcast to the point of exhaustion, similar to your Netflix issue. I was surprised not to see anyone else mention this and I am not one to preach since I am very guilty of using my couch and TV. too much in the past. I can suggest 1 thing. Get rid of the subscription and even cable or Sat. T.V. Except maybe for watching the Ducks or OSU games. We wanted to cut monthly cost and wacked the TV category out completely. I went into such withdrawal for the first two weeks that I was sneaking over to neighbors houses to get my fix of a few shows that I watched religiously. I even started watching shows on the internet. It did open my eyes to how ridiculous it was on the amount of time I spent watching T.V. but most importantly on how it has changed me from being so spontaneous, outgoing, and even a difference in my personal character. After a few weeks, I began doing more things outside after work and school, spent more quality time with family, increased productivity around the house, made me healthier, allowed me to address things such as a household budget to a whole new level, and even made me a happier, healthy person. Just a thought!

I commend your intestinal fortitude MinnesotaORnewbie, I wish I had back all the hours spent watching mindless 70s sitcoms and the like in my youth. Back then of course three channels and maybe a couple of UHF local stations. Now I work part time and watch my young kids after school so the TV is on quite a bit. I try to at least watch something semi-educational most of the time but not always. I also get in a couple of hours of what passes as news these days too. I think back to when I was in my twenties and lived with a girl in Sweden for 4 years I watched maybe 1 or two hours TV maximum. In the Army also I didn't watch much either. I was happier but was out drinking A LOT and that would kill me these days. I would/could quit cold turkey though if it wasn't for the wife. She has family overseas and needs high speed internet/phone and the cable comes in the bundle too.
I admit I enjoy having it but I gotta cut back to 3 hours? or so before I turn into a sofa spud.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top