Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NETFLIX

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OLDNEWBIE, Jun 17, 2013.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I think I've ran out of stuff on NETFLIX (streaming) to watch. Me and the wife have been watching Mad Men and I've watched every history/documentary that interests me. The kids and me have been watching the 1970s hulk series but what next? Suggestions? BTW I'm current on Walking Dead. Gonna bail on it after this next season if they don't do something different like have all the Zombies die and just go into a Mad Max kinda thing.

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Do you get DVDs also or just the online thing?

DVD mailers are worth it. I am through most of FRINGE now - TV is mindless garbage, but heck I need something in front of me with an ongoing story to keep my fat arse on the treadmill. Videos about the end of the US/economy are not very motivational LOL.

Last Stand is my next movie on the way.

If you never watched ALIAS it was a good show for the first 2-3 seasons.

I always watch shows that people were into 5-7 years ago. Even watching Sopranos now lol.

3. dmv9

dmv9 Seattle, WA Member

What about Jericho, Burn Notice, Lost, In Plain Sight, White Collar, ...

4. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

The wild and wonderful whites of west virginia, sons of anarchy,trailer park boys, always sunny in philly, white lightnin, jim jeffries fully functional

5. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Magnum pi.

6. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

My wife and I started watching Arrested Development, we never watched it at all, so we are starting from the beginning. We are about 8 episodes in and we both think it is pretty funny. Also, I found Breakout Kings to be entertaining, there is a couple of seasons on Netflix.

7. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Lane County, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"Dead Like Me" Not on streaming, DVD only. Also, "Firefly" on streaming

8. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

If you have Amazon Prime, you can stream Dead Like Me from them.

9. OLDNEWBIE

Thanks for the suggestions! Hard to find something that we both like. She doesn't like too much blood & guts stuff but funny how she got into Walking Dead. She claims to dislike Mad Men but doesn't want me to get ahead of her watching episodes so I think she's lying.
    Jericho is something I've been thinking of also Breaking Bad. Adult viewing time is limited at my house and these series take a long time to get through. If I get committed to something I usually stay till the end even if it's bad. With so much to watch these days I guess I got to get over that habit.

10. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

The BBC comedy Red Dwarf - not for everyone but it is funny and it does have 10 seasons (albeit only 6 episodes a season).

11. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Justified (has some language, some shoot them up stuff, but not overly grisly), and I'll agree on Firefly (and follow up movie Serenity when you're done with that).

Top Gear UK is a pretty good show if you're interested in Vehicles, and a lot of the episodes are zany enough to entertain the women folk. Not everyones cup of tea though, pun intended.

12. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

definately Jericho and burn Notice. House of Cards is good too. (not for young audiences)

13. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I know it's on the commie network and libtards love it, but Downton Abbey is a really good drama.

14. OLDNEWBIE

That's why the wife insisted we get NF in the 1st place. Wasn't my cup of tea LOL, but I do like Some British dramas and comedy as well.

15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

For some light-hearted brainless comedy stuff; That 70's Show, My Name is Earl, Raising Hope (along the same vein as Earl)

For Documentary stuff; How its made (a total guy thing), National Geographic (all kinds of stuff)

Arrested Developement is pretty funny

BBC (Commie) TV; Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife (more of a chick show, but its not toooo bad to watch)

16. OLDNEWBIE

I actually liked the Doc Martin series, if anyone else is in to British drama/comedy, not sure what it is.

17. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Thomas the Tank Engine!

18. OLDNEWBIE

George Carlin narrated some of those, weird! My youngest has grown out of Thomas though.

19. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

Adam-12. I love that show. All the episodes are on Netflix streaming.

hker71

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG