JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Jim Jones' cult in Guyana had actually been in the states...the Feds would have probably wiped them out BEFORE they got the chance to drink the Kool-Aid.

That's what beaurocratic tyrants like Reno do...

I quit well before the first episode.Randy may of talked to white supremacists but they painted him as one right from the start.fu@k netflix. The FBI set him up and killed his family after he would not turn CI for them.

actually Netflix was more anti FBI and ATF than anything. My take away was that Netflix agrees with your viewpoint on this ironically.

I quit well before the first episode.Randy may of talked to white supremacists but they painted him as one right from the start.fu@k netflix. The FBI set him up and killed his family after he would not turn CI for them.
If you had stayed with it you would have seen them publicize the various cover ups and disinformation campaigns associated with both sorry incidents.

They did attempt to make Reno look like she got duped by the FBI HRT goons... not sure why they gave her the sympathetic treatment they did and saved all the scandalous sh*t for the FBI and ATF.

If you had stayed with it you would have seen them publicize the various cover ups and disinformation campaigns associated with both sorry incidents.

They did attempt to make Reno look like she got duped by the FBI HRT goons... not sure why they gave her the sympathetic treatment they did and saved all the scandalous sh*t for the FBI and ATF.
likely because politicians are only as good as the information they possess (when they are at their best), so they are playing the she couldn't have known all the info card. Regardless all should have been tried for their roles in this and other screw ups.

I think this series was the first time I had ever seen sympathy/empathy shown towards the Branch Davidians, I would recommend you watch it before you pass judgement. I was a young buck at the time and still remember the news coverage, my wife who is a couple of years older doesn't remember any of it. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, all of this should be required learning in American History for High School kids. Ironically we also forget events like Kent state as well, and disgustingly I have heard people blame the college kids for protesting. I wonder if people even know what they we protesting? On the same token people forget the Kmer Rogue. We at times have been the beacon of light for others to follow, others times we have drifted so far off. We have within a period of 30 years been the revolutionaries and the red coats, today I feel as though we have Stockholm syndrome.

I'd be really interested in hearing your opinion of the documentary since you were around. It seemed in the documentary many of their actions were retaliation or response to things happening to them. Takeover of Antelope, bussing in of vagrants to influence the vote, etc. Could be complete BS by Netflix, or could be presenting alternate viewpoint of a group willing to escalate.

I was in Oregon at that time. They were bad news. There are always two sides to every story, and everyone has their own perspective. Most everyone is searching for something, desperate for a guru to tell them what to believe and how to live. Rajneesh must have been quite a convincing guru; lots of big money and gullible people poured into his compound. They tried to take over the county, and the locals absolutely hated them.

The compound is still out there. It was sold at auction some years back and is now run as a youth camp, by a mainstream church organization, not a cult. My father-in-law goes out there to volunteer once in a while, doing minor carpenter work and brush clearing.

I'd be really interested in hearing your opinion of the documentary since you were around. It seemed in the documentary many of their actions were retaliation or response to things happening to them. Takeover of Antelope, bussing in of vagrants to influence the vote, etc. Could be complete BS by Netflix, or could be presenting alternate viewpoint of a group willing to escalate.

I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, as I was fairly young at the time, and grew up in another part of the state. I do remember all the brouhaha, and all the talk at the time. The Rajneeshis were pretty much universally hated by the locals. They were a wacky new-age religious cult that didn't fit in well in rural Oregon.

Who started it? I don't know. Most rural Oregonians that I know, that I grew up around, are pretty "live and let live", and I'd like to think would have left them alone if they weren't bothering anyone, no matter how different they were. I wasn't there though, so I couldn't say for sure. I do know that if there was anyone more hated in rural Oregon at that time than "Californians", it was "Rajneeshis". The reason Californians were hated was because they would move into an area with a very different culture, and then try to take over and "fix" it, and make it more like their beloved California.

As to the Netflix show, I actually haven't seen it. We cancelled Netflix last year. Pretty much all of their "Netflix Originals" were absolute garbage, in my opinion. If they are painting the locals as the bad guys and the Rajneeshis as the victims, I'd be very suspicious of it. I'd be open to the facts, of course, but that's certainly not how I remember it.

As to the Netflix show, I actually haven't seen it. We cancelled Netflix last year. Pretty much all of their "Netflix Originals" were absolute garbage, in my opinion. If they are painting the locals as the bad guys and the Rajneeshis as the victims, I'd be very suspicious of it. I'd be open to the facts, of course, but that's certainly not how I remember it.

It has been a while since I watched it, but IIRC they made it clear that the cult was trying to take over the town government and force their way of life on the locals. Lots of dirty tricks going on as well, culminating in the Ricin poisioning.

1588374965876.png

10/10, have seen at least twice in the last 10 years.
I always recommend this film.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads