JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pretty good show IMO

Just watched a two part episode where they took a moose on a ten day hunt in the Brooks Range. Fishing a bit, then take a good sized bull on the next to last day.

Seemed to me that if they had radios they could have hunted a bit better.

The host, Steven Rinella, also has a Podcast by the same name.
I've been listening to his podcast for a while and just now started watching the show.
His show is different in that it's not just about the kill. He explains a lot of the reasoning why he hunts, and focuses on the meat that the kill provides.
His podcast covers a range of topics, with a good focus on conservation, and game management.

I like how he's honest about it and shows his hunts even when he doesn't fill his tag... Hunting in some of the units here in Oregon where they only have a 5% hunters success rate, many of us can relate to not getting a critter every year..

I can't lie, it sucks. That guy bugs the crap out of me. As weird as it sounds, seems like a urban liberal to me.
His use of words for a hunting show are stupid.
Just my opinion.
And THIS IS WHY NETFLIX ALLOWS IT. But most hunting shows blow. Unless Blake Shelton is in it.

It would be impossible to be-able to tell if someone was sitting on a knob glassing and telling someone else down in the canyon where the animal was, what it was doing etc. unless F&G walked up on you if you were hunting in a state that designates it as illegal or... If you have a TV show that shows you doing it.

I actually wondered the same thing during the moose hunt episode and a Mule deer episode.

I was listening to an older Meat Eater podcast on the way to work this morning and Steven mentioned it during a conversation about drone laws and aircraft laws.

I also feel like it used to be in the Oregon Reg's years ago. But can't find it now.

Well screw the fish and game. I see dudes using super cubs to track and push game.they get reported. Fish and game didn't do crap

That I know you cannot do in a number of states - no comms between ground and aircraft - at least not about game. Except maybe for predators with bounties.

I am sure that it is probably okay in places like Alaska to communicate with aircraft regarding supplies/etc. - but not about tracking game, at least not on the same day as you are hunting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top