JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Started watching this with the wife, Pretty good mix of history, action and story! If you don't mind sub-titles, luckily I understand quite a bit of German still.

Online description;

Generation War
(German: Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter, literally "Our mothers, our fathers") is a German World War II TV miniseries in three parts. It was commissioned by public broadcasting organization ZDF, produced by the UFA subsidiary TeamWorx, and first aired in Germany and Austria in March 2013. The series tells the story of five German friends, aged around 20, on their different paths through Nazi Germany and World War II: As Wehrmacht soldiers on the Eastern Front, war nurse, aspiring singer, and Jewish tailor respectively. The narrative spans over five years starting in 1941 Berlin, when the friends meet up for a last time before embarking on their journeys, enthusiastically vowing to meet up again the following Christmas. The story's conclusion is set in a time shortly after the end of the war in 1945/46.

After watching a German documentary on the destruction of the Jews some 30 years ago I have believed that we dropped the bomb in the wrong hemisphere . . .

Sheldon

Thanks for the heads up. The central actors were very good.
It seems to be based on a true story, considering one of the main characters is still alive.

The casting, plot and production values were good all right, a very high end mini-series. Just finished it up last night.

As script writers must do I suppose, they put in just a little too many coincidences. How they kept bumping in to each would have been improbable, and the timing at the very end took the cake! I guess the real life ending would have took many months/years?, and a stand alone story in itself.
One more episode dealing with that aspect would have been better though.

I'd still recommend it. It puts you in the boots of the ordinary German soldier as well as others at that time period.

Watched the 1st Episode and I got a laugh or two. I find the Cartoon wife kinda hot for some reason too.:confused: Anyway language is as bad as Bill Burr's stand-up so keep little ears away.

If you like German series with subtitles, there is one called "Deutschland 83" that was about the cold war, really brings back old (scary) memories. I thought it was excellent.

I found Das Boot UNCUT, the other day. 293 minutes! Great movie...

Das.jpg

Das.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top