JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone use or has used the NeoMag carrier/holder for an extra mag? Looking for opinions on its functionality or is it more of a gimmick?

Thanks.

EFCC2BA6-D7AC-417D-BC6C-288E7295092F.jpeg

No experience, but I have seen those and not been interested because my pockets are reserved for things I need that are not gun related. If you are looking for a good way to do a spare mag: Safariland horizontal magazine pouch. Leather, magazine rides horizontal on the belt and easily conceals with regular shirt options. I like to use it at about 1 O'clock with the velcro facing my left side so support hand can access most easy for a potential reload. I use one at 11 O'clock to also carry a small canister of Fox spray with the thought process that I am using my dominant hand to either pull the spray or the gun depending on which is going to be most appropriate for the situation.

Currently have something similar to that, but rarely use it. I think it is too easy to disengage the mag from the magnet while in the pocket, particularly when standing up from a seated position or sitting down from a standing position. Then again, I usually have other stuff in my pockets (cell phone, keys, etc), so if you typically have a free pocket it might work for you just fine. Happy to give you mine (free) if you want it - it's just taking up space in my gear box.

Currently have something similar to that, but rarely use it. I think it is too easy to disengage the mag from the magnet while in the pocket, particularly when standing up from a seated position or sitting down from a standing position. Then again, I usually have other stuff in my pockets (cell phone, keys, etc), so if you typically have a free pocket it might work for you just fine. Happy to give you mine (free) if you want it - it's just taking up space in my gear box.
It's a cool idea. But like you said my pockets are full so I don't know how well it would work. I can't count the amount of times my jackets will get wrapped around the clips on my lights and flashlights and disengage them from my pocket. I'll probably just stick with something along the belt line.

For the last year I've used the GL (glock) Neomag with a G17 mag on my support hand side. The clip is tight, never fallen off. The magnets are strong and never came close to loosing a mag. The GL version uses two magnets instead of one to make up for the polymer skin on Glock mags. Previous to the Neomag I used SnagMags. I prefer the Neomag due to its stronger pocket clip. My EDC is a G19 appendix. I find belt carried mags to be a little faster, but less comfortable. I carry a KaBar TDI knife on my belt, support side, where some may carry their spare mag. I'm also not a fan of sidecar style mag carry as I find those to be too bulky in the front of my body.

Last Edited:
For the last year I've used the GL (glock) Neomag with a G17 mag on my support hand side. The clip is tight, never fallen off. The magnets are strong and never came close to loosing a mag. The GL version uses two magnets instead of one to make up for the polymer skin on Glock mags. Previous to the Neomag I used SnagMags. I prefer the Neomag due to its stronger pocket clip. My EDC is a G19 appendix. I find belt carried mags to be a little faster, but less comfortable. I carry a KaBar TDI knife on my belt, support side, where some my carry their spare mag. I'm also not a fan of sidecar style mag carry as I find those to be too bulky in the front of my body.
When you sat belt carried mags are fast but less comfortable I'd confidently say you are talking about vertical belt mounted mags and not horizontal ones.

For the last year I've used the GL (glock) Neomag with a G17 mag on my support hand side. The clip is tight, never fallen off. The magnets are strong and never came close to loosing a mag. The GL version uses two magnets instead of one to make up for the polymer skin on Glock mags. Previous to the Neomag I used SnagMags. I prefer the Neomag due to its stronger pocket clip. My EDC is a G19 appendix. I find belt carried mags to be a little faster, but less comfortable. I carry a KaBar TDI knife on my belt, support side, where some may carry their spare mag. I'm also not a fan of sidecar style mag carry as I find those to be too bulky in the front of my body.
Sounds a lot like my set up. I also carry a G45 appendix and a Toor blade on my support side. I appreciate the info. I may try the sidecar 2.0 and see how I like it.

Correct… vertical mag. I never gave horizontal mag carry a fair shake.
Yeah, took me 10 seconds to see that belt carried vertical mag carry is for competition or open carry/duty only. On the belt the horizontal mag at 1 O-clock isn't noticeable unless you have a belly that hangs over the belt line.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top