JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody know if Nemaloose Rd. is open all the way to the 1st shooting spot? I've got a new pistol to try out / break in and a "repaired" scope to sight in for the '06. Only hindered by the Volvo = worst snow / ice car I've ever driven.

Thanks all. I got up there today and put 200 through my new pistol with no hickups!:s0155: Just had to skip the first spot due to some drinkin' n' shootin' situation going on there that didn't look too safe to me.:confused:

click on the NWFA Resource map located here: (NWFA Resources)
<broken link removed>

Then zoom in on Mt Hood and click on the green tags. It notes Memaloose on the map. One is for the turn-off and the other is the Gravel Pit.

Thanks all. I got up there today and put 200 through my new pistol with no hickups!:s0155: Just had to skip the first spot due to some drinkin' n' shootin' situation going on there that didn't look too safe to me.:confused:

Hows the road as far as mud, snow, ice, heavy ruts. Do you need a four wheel drive, truck etc. or can a regular sedan car make it up there?

Hows the road as far as mud, snow, ice, heavy ruts. Do you need a four wheel drive, truck etc. or can a regular sedan car make it up there?

I made it up just fine in a volvo rear wheel drive wagon probably the worst snow / offroad rig ever. Road is clear of snow not rutted or muddy in fact primarily paved. There are a couple of nasty splits / cracks in the pavement that I take really slow and careful. I drove all the way to where the pavement ends somewhere upwards of 15 miles in from the bridge before I saw any residual snow on the road.

click on the NWFA Resource map located here: (NWFA Resources)
<broken link removed>

Then zoom in on Mt Hood and click on the green tags. It notes Memaloose on the map. One is for the turn-off and the other is the Gravel Pit.

Thanks for that information. Can you give me approximate distances from Estacada to the turn off and the distance from the turn off to the shooting areas?

The turn off is about 8 miles from Estacada. About five or six miles out you will pass the marina with the docks and boats. You can't miss it. About another two miles you will come to a very large green steel bridge on the right. You can't miss this either. Go over the bridge and the quarry is 6.8 miles up the road. Last year they banned shooting at the spots before the quarry. If you keep driving, you will come to another smaller quarry and a ways further, after the road turns to gravel, there is another really large quarry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top