JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just take your good neighbors shooting a few times and see if they like it. Teach them firearm safety and responsibility. Maybe talk to them about buying their own guns and the reasons for having them. If nothing else you may end up with new shooting buddies:)

My neighbors would stand down immediately once challenged by anyone. Now, some group of thugs is better armed with my weapons.
The best bet would be the neighbors firing off a few rounds and alerting others to the approaching group. A cheap alarm system maybe?

Maybe I will issue blank shooting starter pistols.

I think my neighbors see my apartment as the safe place anyway. I know they always see me draggn' my guns out to the car, walking in with a pistol on my hip etc.

as far as they know I am the knox of the area. There's a reason I'm on the 2nd floor, at the end overlooking the streets that come in. Yes I am paranoid.. to an extent.

I almost have enough 22 rounds to frighten anybody off within 100 yards. Enough HMR to get the rabbits and cats that stray within the area (in a SHTF situation), enough .40 to ensure nobody is coming up the stairs and the 300 savage for larger game. Neighbors included.

A pistol caliber carbine also can use the same round as your pistol. Even better is if they use the same mags.

Excellent idea! A sub 2k in .40 S&W and a Glock 22.

Great combo by the way.
002.jpg

Spengo, I would pay attention to the posts by cbzdel and SSG. Having "like minded neighbors" doesn't translate into "like doing" neighbors. Talk is cheap. Since you spent the time and money to be prepared, can you be sure that your neighbors have? I'll bet you they haven't done much if anything. If they had, they wouldn't need you to supply them with arms to protect themselves. They'll cave for sure under the least pressure and will be pointing their collective fingers towards your place screaming in unison "That's where Mr. Armory Man(Spengo) lives. He's the one with all the guns and ammo and supplies. Please just leave us alone,we gave you what you wanted.Take whatever you want and go away." Get my drift?

They'll cave for sure under the least pressure and will be pointing their collective fingers towards your place screaming in unison "That's where Mr. Armory Man(Spengo) lives. He's the one with all the guns and ammo and supplies. Please just leave us alone,we gave you what you wanted.Take whatever you want and go away." Get my drift?

Some people see this as a problem. All I see is a target rich environment.
YEEEEEEAAAAAAHH :cool:

Just kidding. But yeah, you guys are right it's probably not a great idea. It just popped in my head the other day and I thought I'd bounce it off you guys to see what people thought.

Friend, have you been watching the news about the batfe and fbi raiding the " civilian armed groups" in the mid west. Bad Idea!! Neighbors and like minded friends will turn on you like a pit bull on a fat cocker spaniel during duress! Pull in the fences and prepare to repel boarders. Semper Fi. Greydog.:s0155:

I plan on using the neighbors as a food source.

LOL. Me too.

All of the neighbors I already trust now are armed.

Someone please give me a reason why, in a SHTF deal, I would suddenly trust someone who doesn't own guns now?

I have a name for those people who don't own guns. Food. :D

they have had the same info i have and if they didnt prepair then too bad for them its survival of the fittest as far as i am concerned ive tride too many time to wake people up to prepairedness and all they do is ridicule me so screw them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have had the same info i have and if they didnt prepair then too bad for them its survival of the fittest as far as i am concerned ive tride too many time to wake people up to prepairedness and all they do is ridicule me so screw them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. You know if you hold down the shift key you can type a capital letter! Also, only one exclamation point is necessary. Most browsers these days also have this great feature where they underline in red the words you misspelled so you can fix them before pressing the post button.

(inb4 he finds caps lock. Oh god, what have I done! :s0131:)

The only person in my neighbor hood whom I would trust with a gun is "Bud" the old timer that lives two houses down. But then Bud already has his own guns, so I do not need to arm him. If your neighbors are not already prepared, I would not count on them for anything. And when push comes to shove, they are likely to turn on you or forfeit your weapons if confronted.

DJM

The only person in my neighbor hood whom I would trust with a gun is "Bud" the old timer that lives two houses down. But then Bud already has his own guns, so I do not need to arm him. If your neighbors are not already prepared, I would not count on them for anything. And when push comes to shove, they are likely to turn on you or forfeit your weapons if confronted.

DJM

Yup. Anybody I know well enough to offer a weapon too... already has their own.

Family though... I'd spread around what I could if a true SHTF situation ever happened.

Family is different. Reside in one habitation and go from there. Consolidate everything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top