JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@EPS

You post like Trump tweets. I love it. Don't change man!

All good points. I can't see when it is happening, but I hear him open the crate, then I hear the crate rattle and the dog yelp.

No training at all.

He was chasing it around the room and it was yelping when he was trying to get it in its crate.

Last night it was barking, then I heard a yelp and him yelling at it.

I will commend those of you who would attempt to interact with this azzhole and create some kind of win win solution. I would also encourage you to look at it from @NoRegerts perspective, but understand he can play that role a lot better than most of us.

I could have that ability if I thought we were going to get some where with it, but my first reaction would be a hard hammer drop some how. People that abuse animals, abuse humans. I have been on enough domestic abuse medical calls, and have testified in the trials that sent some of these scumbags to prison and I loved every minute of it.

People that abuse animals will escalate to people if they have not already. I remember when I was a young man, the neighbor started beating on his dog, and the other neighbor was out there in her night shirt telling him he was about to gets his balls kicked into his throat. Myself and 2 other neighbors got over there and the clown went in the house, the other gal picked up the dog and took him home and we called the police. Dude got arrested and a felony animal abuse conviction. Helped him get some time in the county lock up for that.

I know the OP is still a wise person in assessing his own ability and skill to deal with the situation. I would not let a rental stop me from installing cameras. I would figure out some way to deal with the situation. Understand, the scumbag cannot intimidate you unless you let him. If he trys, call the police. Everytime. That way his name and address are attached to the premise history on that address and every contact will be available to every officer. Nobody has the write to harass or intimidate you for standing up for an animal or human. Know how to talk to the police and they will quickly understand who is right and who is wrong.

@EPS

You post like Trump tweets. I love it. Don't change man!

All good points. I can't see when it is happening, but I hear him open the crate, then I hear the crate rattle and the dog yelp.

No training at all.

He was chasing it around the room and it was yelping when he was trying to get it in its crate.

Last night it was barking, then I heard a yelp and him yelling at it.
This is not good it's up to you it's your call I would ask any of the other neighbors if they have heard or seen anything . maybe a call to animal control for a check .once you let him know you are the one he will hide it from you .

You want to know what I deal with my sister does the dog rescue temporary housing for dogs lol so we have had a few dogs though are houses .and I have been with my sister .
When we went into a Safeway .and there was a drunk guy begging out front .lol we did our shopping and she bought 3 cans of dog food because the guy out front had a dog .and we went out and she gave the dog food to him and said feed your dog .
Lol he asked her what about me .LOL HEHEHE THIS IS HILARIOUS .
SHE TOLD HIM I DON'T GIVE A $#!+ ABOUT YOU JUST MAKE SURE THE DOG GETS FED LOL

I will commend those of you who would attempt to interact with this azzhole and create some kind of win win solution. I would also encourage you to look at it from @NoRegerts perspective, but understand he can play that role a lot better than most of us.

I could have that ability if I thought we were going to get some where with it, but my first reaction would be a hard hammer drop some how. People that abuse animals, abuse humans. I have been on enough domestic abuse medical calls, and have testified in the trials that sent some of these scumbags to prison and I loved every minute of it.

People that abuse animals will escalate to people if they have not already. I remember when I was a young man, the neighbor started beating on his dog, and the other neighbor was out there in her night shirt telling him he was about to gets his balls kicked into his throat. Myself and 2 other neighbors got over there and the clown went in the house, the other gal picked up the dog and took him home and we called the police. Dude got arrested and a felony animal abuse conviction. Helped him get some time in the county lock up for that.

I know the OP is still a wise person in assessing his own ability and skill to deal with the situation. I would not let a rental stop me from installing cameras. I would figure out some way to deal with the situation. Understand, the scumbag cannot intimidate you unless you let him. If he trys, call the police. Everytime. That way his name and address are attached to the premise history on that address and every contact will be available to every officer. Nobody has the write to harass or intimidate you for standing up for an animal or human. Know how to talk to the police and they will quickly understand who is right and who is wrong.
Proven fact kids that abuse animals grow up to abuse people

Situation is contained for now, since the bubblegums wife came back home. As long as the situation remains at steady state with no more abuse, I will wait until we are moving, and then tell AC, tell the wife, and let the guy know what will happen if the cameras I installed before I moved catch his dog yelping again.

If it happens again I will get video/audio evidence before pursuing all possible options.

Understand, the scumbag cannot intimidate you unless you let him. If he trys, call the police. Everytime. That way his name and address are attached to the premise history on that address and every contact will be available to every officer

I am not worried about him harassing me, and honestly, if she is in the house my wife is savvy enough to grab a gun and not open the door.

My main Fear is him poisoning my dog or ambushing my wife when she is walking my dog during the day.

As of now his wife is back so it seems to have stopped, and when we move, which will be soon, I will take every avenue of recourse possible all at once.

Merely ascertaining that the cretin of a neighbor is demonstrating this kind of behavior would prevent me from engaging in any kind of welcome wagon sort of gesture toward them. Why would I want to associate with grown adults that conduct themselves in this manner? They are trouble and to be avoided at all costs. Unless you fancy yourself a teacher, but still they may not be willing to learn.:(

Also, I hope beating the dog is all he is doing. My girlfriend makes some pretty loud noises that could be misinterpreted when we are "intimate" and I would hate for someone to kick down my door because they thought I was beating or murdering her.
So until you actually see him hit the dog with your own eyes then you have to assume it is just as likely that they are playing a game or making love, or anything really because it is hard to see through walls, but easy to imagine what "could" be going on.o_O

Last Edited:
I am abusive to my dogs... but only vocally. I cuss, yell,insult and Rant at them all the time and they just look at me oblivious and wag their stupid little tails till I give them a treat. It's like they don't even understand what I'm saying..
Idiots!
:p

So until you actually see him hit the dog with your own eyes then you have to assume it is just as likely that they are playing a game or making love, or anything really because it is hard to see through walls, but easy to imagine what "could" be going on

I dunno, I think it is pretty obvious. Our dog howls and yelps when we play, and it probably sounds pretty bad. But I am listening to the noises behind the yelping that make it pretty obvious.

Or be the jerk neighbor. Next time you hear it yell something along the lines of "I CAN HEAR THAT OVER HERE. KNOCK IT OFF!!!"

Let him think you ARE 1/2 crazy. Then what? He probably won't mess with you. If he knows he can be heard he may stop.

Like you mentioned video it if you can. Make sure he sees you video taping. If you put up the cheap Harbor Freight fake cameras, put them where HE can see them.

If he calls the police and complains, then tell the police why you did it.

If nothing is said, or nothing is done about it, it will continue to happen and possibly escalate. If he does that to his dog how does he treat his woman? :(

My $0.02.

I dunno, I think it is pretty obvious. Our dog howls and yelps when we play, and it probably sounds pretty bad. But I am listening to the noises behind the yelping that make it pretty obvious.
Those sound like some thin walls man, though you are likely correct in your assumption, just be 200% sure before taking any action.

When I was in my late teens a friend brought me over to this dudes house where the guy started bragging about his "punching bag" then he went upstairs and came back down with this fairly large dog(not sure which breed) and began to slap and punch the poor thing around the living room in front of us. Just for fun. Dog never made a sound the whole time and just took the abuse as if it was all too well used to the one sided fist fight that was happening. I was not impressed and I think he could tell so we left shortly after.
So these abusers are often not too skilled in the thinking department. Some will even readily incriminate themselves to strangers without even realizing it, and if you did decide to gather some evidence on the jerk he would likely serve it up to you on a silver platter as they say.:rolleyes:

Hi all,

We got a new neighbor family a few months ago. They have an Australian Shepherd and St. Bernard uppy.

I can hear the husband smacking the Aussie around the last few nights and mornings. I think he wife is out of town and he does not know how to deal with dogs.

I really can't handle it. I tolerate people day-to-day, but I LOVE dogs, I have a special fondness for the Aussie breeds.

The only thing that has kept me from going over there is fear of retaliation. My wife and dog are home alone all day, and sometimes the dog is home alone. Don't want this guy to harass my wife or break in and hurt my dog.

I am renting so I can't reinforce things and mount cameras everywhere.

I don't think reporting him anonymously is an option because this morning he saw me standing on my back porch glaring at him.

I had a similiar situation about 12 years ago. I couldn't get the local animal control person to do anything without documenting the abuse (not hitting the dog but leaving it outside with no shelter in rain and cold weather), and having two other neighbors sign a complaint. So I started shooting photos off my deck and made it obvious to my neighbor what I was doing. I had no intention of staying anonymous. I planned to report the guy to the ASPCA. When the neighbor saw me with my camera, we had a short, loud "discussion" which drew the attention of another neighbor who joined in. The next day, the abusive neighbor brought in a nice pre-built dog house, and made it obvious (making a lot of noise) when he gave the dog fresh food and water every day. He has already seen you, so if he was going to retaliate, I think he would have already. I love dogs, too, and equate them with very young children, as they're about as intelligent as 2-3 year olds and just as helpless. What would you do if you saw this guy beating his two year old? Just glare at him? I don't think so. Maybe you and a couple of our NW Firearms friends could pay the guy a visit and let him know he needs to clean up his act--and forget any thoughts of retaliation.

Hi all,

We got a new neighbor family a few months ago. They have an Australian Shepherd and St. Bernard uppy.

I can hear the husband smacking the Aussie around the last few nights and mornings. I think he wife is out of town and he does not know how to deal with dogs.

I really can't handle it. I tolerate people day-to-day, but I LOVE dogs, I have a special fondness for the Aussie breeds.

The only thing that has kept me from going over there is fear of retaliation. My wife and dog are home alone all day, and sometimes the dog is home alone. Don't want this guy to harass my wife or break in and hurt my dog.

I am renting so I can't reinforce things and mount cameras everywhere.

I don't think reporting him anonymously is an option because this morning he saw me standing on my back porch glaring at him.

As of right now, I have our personal dog trainer willing to go help teach him ( I will pay), I have some of her handouts, and I wrote a kind thoughtful letter. Trying to figure out the least offensive way to get him this info.

My wife is scared any interaction may set this guy off and risk retribution. I am scared if I hold it in I will go over in a fit of rage and kick his door down.

It is also keeping me up at night and distracting me from work thinking about it.

We are moving once we find a house, then I can talk to him or call animal control.
Kind of needed to just vent, but also looking for advice an opinions.
How about getting (used) copies of Be the Pack Leader and Cesar's Way from amazon and have them shipped anonymously to his home? Maybe a subtle hint and he'll get the message...plus, everyone wins

Thanks for sharing that. As of now his wife returned and it has stopped. So I am going t9 say some things when I move.
Maybe if you get the chance say something to her or not just saying .
ONCE the dog is not around who is he going to beat next . something to think about

Or be the jerk neighbor. Next time you hear it yell something along the lines of "I CAN HEAR THAT OVER HERE. KNOCK IT OFF!!!"

Let him think you ARE 1/2 crazy. Then what? He probably won't mess with you. If he knows he can be heard he may stop.
That's another good thing about a Trump like leader for the US now at a time when global tensions are high between us and the EU(unreported but very serious between trade wars and us causing the Greece thing and immigration problem and I suspect backroom deals with Britain AND france to leave EU) and N Korea, Britain and EU, Russia and us, Israel and everywhere, etc... It's called the "optimal benefits of perceived madness" ... makes for great negotiating when acting civil fails. We all handle things different but I'd probably try just naturally approaching him when I saw him some time and say "hey my kids (or some one) is looking for an Aussie, if she's giving you problems I'd gladly take her"...

What movie was it TOUMB STONE I THINK when they were taking the horse off the train and the guy was hitting it with the quip lol and Kurt Russell takes the quip and hits the guy .
And says HURTS DON'T IT .LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top