JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Having spent some time among the socially alternative American V-Twin enthusiasts I can say they mostly don't regard non-bikers as even being part of their world. Citizens are peripheral aquaintances at most. The ones I knew didn't mess with their neighbors as a matter of practicality. Yeah, they usually like giggle bush.

Yeah, they were never aggressive. They were never particularly neighborly either. I shared some wacky tobacky and gave them a 1 gal jug of cheap red wine, but we were never going to be drinking buddies. I hated all the noise and disturbance that their lifestyle involved, since I needed to get some sleep and get up and go to work. And their parking in front of the gate to my back driveway blocked me from getting cars into, or out of, my property... I just thought it would be risky to complain. Scary dudes...

The general lesson in this thread, and so many like it that regularly crop up, is to pay a little more and live in a better neighborhood with less proximity to other people if possible.

The general lesson in this thread, and so many like it that regularly crop up, is to pay a little more and live in a better neighborhood with less proximity to other people if possible.

Doesn't really matter, as crazy folk are everywhere nowadays.

Can get even crazier for those in HOA land.

Do ageee though, good fences can help make for good neighbors.

True . The land lord is already making my neighbor do several things that he was wildly yelling about not doing. I think they may not be to pleased with him either. For instance the motorcycle will be gone soon.

Am I wrong in thinking that someone who pulls a gun should forfeit his concealed carry permit ? I know I don't pull mine on someone else's doorstep.
Frankly the guy shouldn't own a gun period. I don't care if that comes off controversial but if the guy is that eager to draw his weapon, then he is a liability. This guy sounds like someone who is looking for an excuse for the draw and it may get someone killed for no reason one day. At best this guy is a bad representation of gun owners. I'd pursue it legally, personally. Definitely get cameras set up. The guy is going to try to start problems with you again. Be ready next time.

Frankly the guy shouldn't own a gun period. I don't care if that comes off controversial but if the guy is that eager to draw his weapon, then he is a liability. This guy sounds like someone who is looking for an excuse for the draw and it may get someone killed for no reason one day. At best this guy is a bad representation of gun owners. I'd pursue it legally, personally. Definitely get cameras set up. The guy is going to try to start problems with you again. Be ready next time.
Absolutely true. This guy is a wife beater. I am libeling him? No I have know his ex brother in law 21 years. I was not able to move forward today due to the holiday. I will be raising hell come 8:00 tomorrow. I do not think he will be able to contain himself. I also might add that being about three blocks from both law enforcements offices it seem to take a long time to get here.

Smith and Wesson Shield 9x19
So did the cop ask him if he pulled his gun, as a direct question?
What was his answer, if he didn't ask, why not.
Did the 3 of you have a conversion, were you present when the cop talked to the dirtbag?
I'm guessing the cop talked to you and then talked to the dirtbag separately so you don't know if he asked the DB that "did you" direct question.
Then returned to you with bovine scat about what the DB said, so he didn't have to charge him and do all that extra paperwork.
just guessin'
:s0117:

Last Edited:
Very true. Living in Montana on several acres for twenty years was dirt bag free. I had to run off cows and goats a few times though.

Watch a few episodes of
FEAR THY NEIGHBOR
and plan on moveing as soon as possible.

If this guy is unhinged and from what you wrote I believe he is. Things will get moving in the wrong direction and more then likely some one will end up dead when restraining orders and permit consfication comes around.

You have a permitn carry and have the mind set if things go bad it's his a$$ , or mine.

Best thing to do is just leave, if you have a lease on your appartment talk to the people who own the place and get out of it. If they try to make this guy move out it might set his retarded mind set off

Stuff happens and this is how it starts out.

Good luck on what ever way you decide to move on with this matter.

NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN now the cat is out of the bag.

A few weeks ago I started a thread about my looming interest in purchase of my first AK Style rifle. I am still very interested due to the technical aspects and the robust design. I was looking to trade my NIB Bergara B14 HMR.

My truck rifle is clunky yet utterly reliable thus far. It is a early 1990's Bushmaster. I put a folding stock and carry handle sights on it. This AR has a 1:9 H Bar heavy duty barrel. Emphasis on heavy. It shoots great using the original trigger. I organized and loaded up my 40 or so magazines last year. Lots with the some less than stellar hand loads that need to disappear on range practice. (these had primer seating issues now resolved).

I keep this rifle ready with 62 grain XM 855 FMJ green tip. A few years ago I shot these at a 3/8" steel target of mine. This was at 100 yards , they cut right through.
I can't recall ever shooting any .223/5.56 that wasn't surplus or a hand load.

So now I wonder if I should buy some "Home Defense" labeled rounds?

Getting back to the AK, I decided against the Galil Ace for a second time. It is definitely not handy for me. Also I am back to the bane of hand loaders , being stocking another type of ammunition. My research tells me that 7.62 is definitely the most fun and utilitarian. The 5.45 x 39 seems to be the best choice for accuracy and shooting. I see some AK's are 5.56. I will research that next as well as body armour.

Standard procedure for cops

Have your phone out and in camera mode every time you are outside your house/car or just in the yard.
Could even have it in Vid mode as it has sound.
:D

Or maybe the he-said/he-said didn't amount to probable cause? Especially before a holiday weekend that doesn't allow you to get someone in front of a judge in 72 hours. The report got written, it just didn't result in an arrest On THAT date.

You know, constitutional rights and stuff.

I think 110% of your efforts right now need to be directed at finding a new rental, getting out of your current lease, making "peace" with your neighbor, and moving ASAP. As in 72 hours.

All this collateral chatter on body armor and a new gun are starting to get dangerously close to premeditation ... FYI.

Get a new place, break lease, rent trunk, move. Yesterday...

Or maybe the he-said/he-said didn't amount to probable cause? Especially before a holiday weekend that doesn't allow you to get someone in front of a judge in 72 hours. The report got written, it just didn't result in an arrest On THAT date.

You know, constitutional rights and stuff.

Exactly. Without corroborating evidence, your neighbors' version will be 180 degrees and paint himself as the victim. Cops are left with nothing to go on probable cause for anyone. It's all going to be likely be a big frustrating waste of time and effort. A game that must now be played, unfortunately.

I remember the old movie Wargames, about nuclear war. The computer said something like, "It's the only game where the only way to win is to not play."

Today I called my landlady to tell her that my neighbor , also her tenant ,parked his motorcycle in front of my shed proventing my access. When I came home from the McMinnville gun show I decided to carry two rifles , one in a cardboard box , the other in a plastic case ,and a handgun in a nylon carry case all to my front door at one time From my truck. My neighbor comes out and starts to verbally accosting me , right at my door while I am balancing the load before I could open the door. He is agitated and in my face. He thinks for some reason that I am pulling a weapon , that is what he told the police. He pulls out his Handgun. I go in the house and call 911. The police come, both town and sheriff and after much discussion they do not arrest him. I go to the Police Dept supervisor and ask WTF ? They tell me to call if he comes into my area, which I will do. Monday I will get a restraining order and get some legal representation.

I have a concealed carry permit and a totally clean record. My neighbor has a permit as well. I have a case number and the police Dept will forward the case to the district attorney. Anything else that I can do ?

Had a similar thing happen to me while camping once. Some redneck and his gf and fat bubblegum buddy show up demand to shoot where we are camping (my gf and I). He didn't point the 5 shot revolver at me but he pulled it and exited his vehicle, held it at the low ready demanding to see my hands. I didn't draw on him. He would have lost, 4 mags on belt vs 5 shot revolver at 10 yards...:rolleyes:

Cops came, found the weapon we described, didn't arrest him. They agreed that this was bad, but they didn't arrest the moron. We too were like WTF. Follow up call with deputy dufus he sank in his chair when I asked him if he found the weapon we described...he paused and stuttered..."yes". Why didn't you arrest him then? Well he didn't step out of his vehicle. YES HI DID MORON, we told you that on the scene...and you can go to jail for threatening someone with a gun from even inside a vehicle....I have the 911 recording as well as the dipbubblegum deputies involved on video. Media was interested but they never got a hold of anyone at the SD so they stopped following up....

LE is basically there to harass law abiding citizens...

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top