JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'd be looking for a new apartment NOW. I would not get a restraining order - might pizz him off. I'd be out in the next few days. No fun. Good luck. ETA: In fact, if they ask, say you have taken a job in Idaho. :)

Do not give forwarding address - if you have deposit coming - tell landlord to call your cell phone and you'll come pick up a check.

Last Edited:
I would spend the $ on moving expenses rather than a lawyer. The reason being that you can move out of their faster whether it is paying for breaking lease, hiring movers, costs of new place, or whatever.

It's good to have this documented by police for the future just in case but don't expect any results from the police. They probably recorded your side of the story and his made up bs side of the story and that is all.

Sorry to hear this happened and I hope u can get out of there soon (unless of course u hear from landlord that he is on his way out, which would still take several months). It sucks to not feel safe in ur residence. Hang in there and avoid contact with him if possible.

Drive over the bike

Smokey and the Bandit style!
Smokey_112.jpg

Reason for not arresting neighbor was, "He had o have the intent to do harm when he pulled the gun". The case number was issued so that the district attorney could make any decisions. Since this is not the first time the neighbor has over reacted . I am glad that I got it on record.

Yep "on record" no need for anything further...
Get/mount cameras, shut up about it, wear a cheap body cam.

Reason for not arresting neighbor was, "He had o have the intent to do harm when he pulled the gun"
Translation, cop: "I don't want to do all that paper work" :s0092:

Start looking for another place to live, come back to deal with him, AFTER YOU MOVE, worked for me
:s0108:

Last Edited:
Well taken. I am pursuing this. As it will be sometime before I can move. I have already been gone on record in the past with the land lady and they have let him know to steer clear. I will make sure I bring that up for the record as well.

There are people that actually seek and enjoy these conflicts and will intentionaly start them To get attention , the more they can escalate it drawing in his freinds and neighbors ect , The happier they are .unfortunately theres at least one in every nieborhood.AKA (crisses Junkie ) .Seeking a fair court outcome in the PNW after the court hears the dreaded 4 letter word ( GUNS ) .Is a fat chance

Last Edited:
What? Nobody suggested taking out a primo renter's insurance policy and then burning the place down while the psycho-neighbor sleeps and making it look like his POS motorcycle caused it?

C'mon people, think OUTSIDE the box!! :rolleyes:

OK, don't really do that. ;) :s0108:

If you both file restraining orders be prepared to have both your concealed carry permits suspended. This can not go well getting legal. Best bet is to move.

Best bet leave your residence now and let your buddy or hired help move your apartment. Do not go home; maybe motel for the near term or camp in a trailer somewhere. But do not go home.

I'm sorry this has happened. That has to be unnerving. That said...

• Seek COMPETENT legal counsel immediately.
  • Shut up. I would not be posting ANYTHING on social media and forums until this is over. If you do, be VERY careful what you say with respect to derogatory and/or angry comments and realize your neighbor could be reading all of this too. If he has guns and a permit there's a really good chance he's here too.
  • Talk to you counsel but think very carefully if you want to pursue an R.O. All there is right now is he said/he said with no evidence or witnesses to what really went down. Your neighbor could counter and ask for an RO on you and a judge could easily grant it thinking it's the safest way to go.
  • Cameras for your place are a great idea but so is a body cam for coming and going so you have evidence of what really goes down. You already know this guy is unstable and willing to make crap up. That's a dangerous combination with anyone
  • That said, do NOT talk to him. If you see him, go the other way, get back into your apartment and lock your door. Call the police if necessary.
  • Consider CCW type insurance if you don't have it already as it's a good legal safety net should anything happen.
  • If you're not carrying pepper spray you probably should. It's another option
  • Strongly consider moving like others have suggested. It may actually be the easiest and cheapest option. Lawyers aren't cheap.

1) "I survived living across the alley from the Los Vatos motorcycle gang by being extra nice to them and not complaining tooooo much. (Loud music and parties, coming and going all hours of the night, parking in front of my gate, etc.) It helped to have some weed to share."

Having spent some time among the socially alternative American V-Twin enthusiasts I can say they mostly don't regard non-bikers as even being part of their world. Citizens are peripheral aquaintances at most. The ones I knew didn't mess with their neighbors as a matter of practicality. Yeah, they usually like giggle bush.

2) "It's times like these where a long, awkward silence broken by a wet fart is called for. I bet that'd deescalate a lot."

Why wet? It wouldn't sound any better but would require attention to ones undies.

1) "I survived living across the alley from the Los Vatos motorcycle gang by being extra nice to them and not complaining tooooo much. (Loud music and parties, coming and going all hours of the night, parking in front of my gate, etc.) It helped to have some weed to share."

Having spent some time among the socially alternative American V-Twin enthusiasts I can say they mostly don't regard non-bikers as even being part of their world. Citizens are peripheral acquaintances at most. The ones I knew didn't mess with their neighbors as a matter of practicality. Yeah, they usually like giggle bush.

2) "It's times like these where a long, awkward silence broken by a wet fart is called for. I bet that'd deescalate a lot."

Why wet? It wouldn't sound any better but would require attention to ones undies.

Dude, you need to get away from the west side of the state. It's making you talk weird......o_O

Exactly what i was wondering. You pull a gun on someone, that is brandishing at a minimum. I might even venture down to the prosecutors attorneys office and question why the police didn't do more to the guy. Heck, go talk to the police chief too.

Bullied and being forced to move out is BS. I agree that it is a rental and the safest thing to do, but still wrong especially when the guy pulls a gun on you and the cops do nothing.

Well, the guy is buddies with the cops. He probably told the ones that showed up at the scene that he feared for his life because the OP had guns on him... that isn't brandishing. One can quibble over the details, but that is what the responding officers decided. I really doubt that complaining about it is going to change the end result.

As for not putting up with bullying and standing your ground.... I was told in Driving School at age 15 that you can insist on your Right Of Way.... that won't stop you from getting killed. I think anybody that pays attention to news stories will agree that homicide is too often the result of neighbor disputes. Ask Rand Paul...

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top