JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As an aside- anyone who thinks that at some point everyone will have a negligent discharge is ridiculous at best and an idiot at worst- while it does happen to too many people, and most are lucky and don't hurt anyone it is absolutely not a forgone conclusion that it's in everyone's future. One of the worst takes ever

Caught up with neighbor while he was smoking a cig outside... I asked him if he was alright, from yesterday and he said yes. I then asked, what it was.. He said he "heard it to" and suggested it was a firecracker. That's funny... I didn't even ask him was he was alright from. Firecracker; and I was born yesterday.

I know better. He knows I know, and that's what counts, right?

Actually, none of us are mind readers and you don't really know what happened, you just claim you do. What counts is that you didn't go off on him all half cocked and end up labeling youself as someone who makes stuff up. In this situation, restraint was a good thing.

Actually, none of us are mind readers and you don't really know what happened, you just claim you do. What counts is that you didn't go off on him all half cocked and end up labeling youself as someone who makes stuff up. In this situation, restraint was a good thing.

Right! I didn't videotape him in the act of firing his gun off in his apt. (If we're going to play that game). I've already confronted him, by asking if he's alright. He said (It wasn't me, but I heard it)... I mean, sure it's not something many people would man up to admitting. Fact is, he straight up denied it, and used "firecrackers" as a scape goat.

I've already brought it to his attention that I'm wise to what happened.

If I wanted to be a complete jerk, I would have already called the cops the instant in happened, and let them deal with it. (At least there would have been a report of a disturbance at the household). I've tried to find a mature way to go about bringing my safety concern to him, but when he flat out denies it, there's not much else I can do other then report it to management.

Right! I didn't videotape him in the act of firing his gun off in his apt. (If we're going to play that game). I've already confronted him, by asking if he's alright. He said (It wasn't me, but I heard it)... I mean, sure it's not something many people would man up to admitting. Fact is, he straight up denied it, and used "firecrackers" as a scape goat.

I've already brought it to his attention that I'm wise to what happened.

If I wanted to be a complete jerk, I would have already called the cops the instant in happened, and let them deal with it. (At least there would have been a report of a disturbance at the household). I've tried to find a mature way to go about bringing my safety concern to him, but when he flat out denies it, there's not much else I can do other then report it to management.

I'm sure you will follow through with reporting it to management as you originally stated you would in your first post. Be aware however that if you falsely accuse your neighbor, he may decide to pursue legal action against you and if he does, a court would likely find in his favor. While your concerns about safety are understandable and it was appropriate that you spoke to him, I hope that your dislike for your neighbor does not cloud your judgement. If I were in your shoes, I would move ahead very cautiously so as to not bring financial harm to my family.

I guess I'd find out what happened before jumping to conclusions. I have blown things up in the micro wave and set the smoke detector off. Sounded like a .380 going off.

You should have asked him if you can come over and practice some "stress shoots, and reload drills" since he has decided to start using his appartment as a firing range...

This whole thread is rather disturbing when you read it from start to finish. In the name of 'safety' and 'he's got no right to be messing with guns he is clearly dangerous with', some of you people really show your true colors. Thats how gun control was born. Its the neighbors business what the noise was, and how to deal with it. Apartment building, or the next farm a half mile down the road. If someone came knocking asking about a 'gunshot they thought they heard, i should be more careful' I would tell them to kiss off and add them to the list of folks deemed not trustworthy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top