JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sorry, but I find no way to excuse this kind of negligence. The guy will live for the rest of his life with the guilt of what he did, but that doesn't make up for the loss of the little girl. All it would have taken is checking to make sure the gun was cleared. I suppose the saving grace, if there is any in all of this, is that he won't get that armored car security guard job after this. Oregon City police identify 9-year-old girl, shooter in Sunday's accidental shooting death | OregonLive.com

I'm still fairly new to gun ownership and I even know you don't practice unholstering and holstering a handgun while its loaded unless your pointing it somewhere safe. I'll be keeping that family in my prayers. It's a horrible, preventable accident.

Last Edited:
I practice holstered draw, trigger pulls, reloading while watching tv sometimes. My M&P REQUIRES a magazine in to fire.

Whenever I train, practice, drill, exercise, rehearse, prepare, or any other synonym "training" might fall under with it in the house I run all the ammo out the mag and put it somewhere away, along with the other loaded mags.

Another sad story unfortunately.

Why mall ninjas shouldn't carry firearms!

There's never an excuse for this ever. Same thing happened to a brand new tualatin cop a few years ago killed his wife.

I'm sorry if your going to practice that it better be unloaded. But then again a gun is always loaded.
Even though he has suffered so much loss I hope he is charged

How many more people were reaching for a pack of cigarettes or fiddling with their cell phone while driving the car before they plowed into a little girl walking across the street or perhaps killing children in their or someone else's vehicle?

This is a dangerous world and bad things happen. Sadly, the media will always criminalize gun owners as a whole for the actions of a few careless people.

The bizarre thing about these incidents is how often they seem to happen with professional, well-trained people. These are the people who we are suppose to trust with guns more than the common citizen? The moment you get complacent with a firearm is the moment you shouldn't carry one, regardless of years of experience, qualifications, etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top