JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Another round of "Lets help clean up my mother in law's house" yesterday. Another round of bringing home some hardware. She passed along my FIL's long guns to us this time. Thankfully none of the ones he kept cased were as bad as the others. I did wind up bringing home two of my MIL's father's guns that were left to sit in the back corner of a closet... I'm soaking those trying to get the bolts free, but that's for another topic.

Anyway - one of the guns we brought home is an NEF Pardner Pump 12 gauge. Looks like a good little Remington 870 clone. "Made in China" has me a tad leery, but the gun seems really solid, the action seems as smooth as the last 870 I had. The barrel says its good for upto 3" shells. It's got a 26? inch vent rib barrel to which my FIL added a clamp on fiberoptic sight. The gold bead is still on it too, ahead of the fiberoptic sight. I dig the styling on this gun, and thankfully there was only a light surface dusting of rust.

My first hand experience with NEF products is slim. A friend of mine has / had a .223 break open single shot (we brought home a very similar gun in .17HMR too) - are there any quirks I need to be worried about? Did the Chicoms actually make a really good gun in this one? My wife says she remembers her dad going duck hunting with her uncle when she was a kid, taking this gun with him. He definitely took better care of this one than the other guns I found!

Ive owned a few NEF Pardner shotguns,
they work just fine. Never broke anything on them and onlysold off a few for cash I needed for other projects. The best part is, since they are a clones, stocks/side saddles and other parts all work with them. However if I recall the barrels do not interchange due to the barrel ring being recessed back a little compared to the standard 870, however guys online made a shim/spacer of sorts and were able to swap barrels.

The weakest part on the shotgun would be the same as other 870's, that pinned ejector spring. But it can be replaced/repaired, or so Ive read. (Never tried)
The only other downside is the NEF dont have great park jobs.. so I found it rusts if you dont oil/grease well.. but I just rattle can mine and they have been 100%

Last Edited:
^^^Exactly what he said^^^
I run 20 gauge and they do what they are asked of with no failures. Haven't changed anything from stock config either. Thinking of a cerakote job only because I am not a fan of the finish. Enjoy yours, they are fun.

Did up a Chicom 870 a few years back. Was a solid shooter. Heavy, but that helped soak up recoil. Great clones in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate getting another if the opportunity arose, IE dirt cheap like the last one I owned.

Thus one too had a 26" barrel. I trimmed it up and parkerized the whole thing.

11050E9B-090A-4F53-AF52-D8985C22338C.jpeg

One of the best 12ga. shotguns I've ever had for the price! Built like a tank and very reliable. Mines cerakoted bronze and after putting a pistol grip on it, my 13yr old boy, decided he just had to have it!:s0112::mad:

oj9CaM8.jpg

Nothing wrong with the NEF Pardner shotguns. They run just fine, and many, though not all, parts and accessories are 870 compatible. I'd have no problem keeping and using it. Makes a great truck gun or knockaround gun.

Did up a Chicom 870 a few years back. Was a solid shooter. Heavy, but that helped soak up recoil. Great clones in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate getting another if the opportunity arose, IE dirt cheap like the last one I owned.

Thus one too had a 26" barrel. I trimmed it up and parkerized the whole thing.

View attachment 648871

That's a good looking little blaster right there. Did you chop the barrel yourself, or have a smith do it?

I may just try to obtain an 18" barrel for it, and keep the hunting barrel so wifey doesn't cry about chopping up her dad's shotgun but I really dig what you did there with that. Guessing you run a red dot on top since it has that pic rail?

That's a good looking little blaster right there. Did you chop the barrel yourself, or have a smith do it?

I may just try to obtain an 18" barrel for it, and keep the hunting barrel so wifey doesn't cry about chopping up her dad's shotgun but I really dig what you did there with that. Guessing you run a red dot on top since it has that pic rail?
I did it all myself. I used to have access to a bunch of machinery, which I miss dearly.

I ran a red dot on, yes.

I could have sworn there are guys on Gun Broker selling NEF 18" barrels. Maybe even Armslist. But also check out that barrel collar thing. The barrel lugs are the same, just needs a spacer for the barrel ring and mag cap to pressure fit.

I could have sworn there are guys on Gun Broker selling NEF 18" barrels. Maybe even Armslist. But also check out that barrel collar thing. The barrel lugs are the same, just needs a spacer for the barrel ring and mag cap to pressure fit.

I may check that out, as I have a rifle sighted 870 slug barrel, if I can get it cleaned up

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top