JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking into reloading i dont have any knowledge other than my Short mag .270 is a bit spendy to shoot and i hear rumors from several people that ammo manufacturers will end the production of the .270 wsm. I have saved all my brass and I am trying to decide if i should start getting set up to reload or find someone to reload for me that knows whats going on. I am also stuck between using bergers,Nosler partitions,or Sierra Matchkings. Any feedback? anyone around the Arlington area up to make a few extra bucks if i buy powder,primer,dies, etc......?

Reloading is a fun past-time, and significantly cheaper. If you're set on using that caliber, why NOT make the effort to reload for it? Also, Sierra recommends NOT using MK for hunting animals because they don't mushroom too well.

I definitely would learn to reload. An investment of less than $200 will give you some quality tools to load not just this caliber but any other you choose for just the additional cost of a set of dies (around $30 avg for Lee).

Buy yourself a copy of "The ABC's of Reloading" and a manual such as the Lee Modern Reloading, 2nd Edition. You will be amazed at how simple the process is to learn and how much more rewarding it is than just having someone else "batch load" for you.

As for hoarding bullets for this caliber, there will be .270 bullets available for a long time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top