JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! I am looking for some people in the NW that have knowledge on older German/foreign firearms. These firearms have been looked at by a couple different people, and we're sort of getting different conclusions by each person. We would like to find a couple more people to look at these, especially an interesting Holland & Holland we have. We are looking to sell these & would also like to know the process of making that happen. Please reply if you're interested or have any advice. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to NWFA. We have a pretty big group here with a diverse set of interests in firearms and access to reference material. You might start by posting good pictures with details on the markings.

As to selling them, they can be listed here for free. There are also auction houses, like Gunbroker and Morphy, that can facilitate said. I see you are in Oregon; as you may know, all private sales of firearms must go through someone with a Federal Firearms License (FFL).

If I may be of any assistance, I would be glad to help. :)

Our local gunsmith has forgotten more about guns than I know.

His shop is in Estacada. He goes by @Velzey here. He is a FFL and is extremely knowledgeable of all firearms.

Hello! I am looking for some people in the NW that have knowledge on older German/foreign firearms. These firearms have been looked at by a couple different people, and we're sort of getting different conclusions by each person. We would like to find a couple more people to look at these, especially an interesting Holland & Holland we have. We are looking to sell these & would also like to know the process of making that happen. Please reply if you're interested or have any advice. Thanks in advance!

With all due respect, "Oregon" is a big place. If you're in Grants Pass a recommendation to go to The Gun Room won't likely do you any good.

I recommend taking your time. Hopefully you have time? Taking an arm load of guns to a gun shop to sell on consignment would probably cost you 25%-35% fee. (I made that mistake with an old Mauser and still kick myself when ever I think of it (now!))

Study up on those guns. Google is your friend. Register on "Gun Broker" and search the "Completed Auctions" for what guns sold for. MANY of the guns you see up for auction take a LONG time to sell. Or seller give up and take them down, to be put back up at a later time. After getting a decent idea on price, put them up here.

In the PDX area? Once you've done some research take one of your guns, or two, to the Oregon Arms Collector Show. It's once a month. Gun Shows It's made up of mostly older gentlemen and you are almost certain to find someone who's particular interest is in what ever firearm you brought. Heck, you walk around the OAC with a fine looking "Curio & Relic" you'll more than likely have guys asking YOU if you're selling.

That's a start. Get some pics up here and get some input. Take your time! If you hurry through this process there's a good chance you'll have regrets. I'm speaking from my own experience here.

Edit: IF you are in PDX, DON'T go to "The Gun Room". :s0155:

It may be worth taking good photos and sending them to Rock Island Austions or a similar auction house for an appraisal. It may be well worth a fee to have an accurate appraisal.

A word of caution on value, it's like anything else, an item is worth what a willing and able buyer will pay at that time. Guns are a commodity like all other merchandise.
If you feel the values are low or incorrect, just pass and go whichever way seems best. You'll figure it out. ;)

Good luck and best wishes. It's always nice to unravel a mystery.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top