JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OKI got this gun on a trade. I made a trade my scooter for it. Lol I know.. it wasn't my scooter it was my dogs why he even owned it i don't know he walks on 4. True story. .Was told it was a 38 super colt custom 1911.. Don't know the worth of ithe worth of it. And really need help with that and also a little bit more information on the gun he couldn't tell me much but what he paid for it . Thank you guys and I appreciate your time

20220517_205030.jpg 20220517_205021.jpg 20220517_014300.jpg 20220517_014155.jpg 20220517_014304.jpg

Colt custom government 1911 .38 super bright stainless. mfg 2006, worth anywhere from $1549 to $3000 maybe more if the handgrips are authentic from colt custom? Base model msrp from colt is $1549
Screenshot_20220518-161507_Chrome.jpg

It would be worth your while to go here
And get a letter of authenticity directly from Colt and have it priced. Elcen3999 is low on their serial list and I can't seem to find another Ferrari edition.

Elcen3999 are on the side of it above trigger. I'm guessing these are not the original grips. Could be wrong.
They likely are the original grips. This series of colt customs are made for Lew Horton and popular in South America and Mexico. Very popular with cartel. Most of them are very detailed and elaborate with gold plating and tons of engravings. This one seems rather odd that it doesn't have all the fancy going on to go with those grips? Maybe not the original slide? But no engravings on frame either, so who knows?

They likely are the original grips. This series of colt customs are made for Lew Horton and popular in South America and Mexico. Very popular with cartel. Most of them are very detailed and elaborate with gold plating and tons of engravings. This one seems rather odd that it doesn't have all the fancy going on to go with those grips? Maybe not the original slide? But no engravings on frame either, so who knows?

images.jpeg-106.jpg

Too bad about the buggered grip screws and the idiot mark.
Those observations aside, interesting Colt.
In my uninformed opinion it's simply a nice shooter.

I don't see a problem with the grip screws. Super shiny and reflection is deceiving, but don't look marred. Better pics around grips, top of slide, underside, and front and bore? I think it just needs a good cleaning and re-polished to get surface scratches out. I think it's just simple base model from Lew Horton series that didn't get the detailed engraving treatment. I don't know if that makes it more or less rare, but novel nonetheless.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top