JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My google-fu is failing me. I need a figure for total gun crime in WA State so I can compare it to SBS crime as part of my effort to change the law to allow civilian possession. So far I have determined based on very limited data that there is 1.3 SBS crimes per 100,000 people per year. A bit higher then I had hoped. Anyone have a link?

Ranb

Short barreled shotgun; a shotgun that has a barrel less than 18" or an overall length of <26". They are legal in the USA as long as you live in a state that allows them and you pay the $200 tax. In 1994 bill 2319 was passed to prohibit their possession by civilians with a few exceptions. The military, police and dealers were exempt as well as those few civilians that owned and registered them in WA prior to July 1, 1994.

Bill 2099 HB 2099 - 2011-12 will amend RCW 9.41.190 to allow ownership of any SBS or SBR (short barreled rifle) as long as it is owned and registered in accordance with federal law. The bill also deletes SBS and SBR from the July 1, 1994 registration requirement leaving only machine guns grandfathered in at that date.

Want to help?

Ranb

i'm seeing some weapons/firearms tables in 2009 and 2008, ranb. look for "expanded offense data" for variations on type of weapon used. no WA weapons data for 2010

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top