JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to Florida in May and discovered my WA or OR carry licenses are not recognized in FL. Utah most likey easiest to get here (Beaverton,OR). Any knowledge of a Utah class soon? I understand Utah has slowed down on issue time.Will travel to Seattle area if necessary. I am going to a range with friends in FL . So, I will take a weapon ...may as well not deal with locked cases, etc. after I get there.

Thanks Onearmedswordsman After I posted ,I logged onto the Florida site. The USACARRY map did not make it clear that Florida will not take a non-resident state. You Wabubblegumonians aregood to go in FL. But, OR needs a Florida non-resident license. After looking at the map , it appears to me that I can go more places with FL non-res than Utah. So, any place around here do FL non-res?

Just submit all the paperwork they require with a $117 check from here, and voila! They will mail you a card within a few weeks.

I have a friend at work who got FL several years ago before UT classes availability became common here in OR. He can't carry in WA. I can. :)

Yes you are right. I was trying to say that above" Washatonians are good to go"Florida takes residents of states with Reciprocity. Oregon ( not accepting ) any other state must get a Florida non- resident CWP to carry there.
Thanks for all the replies .I am mailing in my paperwork and check tomorrow.

I got my Utah permit class done through Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. It took quite a while to get the permit in the mail after I completed the paperwork (December 2008 to March 2009). I have heard that Florida's permit is much faster as they have more people doing the filing.

I am going to Florida in May and discovered my WA or OR carry licenses are not recognized in FL. Utah most likey easiest to get here (Beaverton,OR). Any knowledge of a Utah class soon? I understand Utah has slowed down on issue time.Will travel to Seattle area if necessary. I am going to a range with friends in FL . So, I will take a weapon ...may as well not deal with locked cases, etc. after I get there.

As a resident of Florida, I can say gun laws there are very different from the Northwest.
You will NOT need a locked case or any other special stuff to transport a firearm (not a weapon) in Florida.

Ask your Florida friends about the "castle" law.
It brought most property crimes to a screeching halt in Florida.

Here's a link to everything Florida ccw: <broken link removed>

Or here: <broken link removed>

Now getting an Oregon ID, there's something that's frustrating.
I have been living/working here for 18 months and I've been to the DMV 4 times.
I have not been able to come up with enough stuff to satisify them that I am ME and live in Oregon.
This is the same DMV that allowed me the privilage of registering 2 cars in Oregon, with the emissions testing, etc.

Of course the state of Oregon needs NONE of this important information to take INCOME TAX from my pay check!!!

Sorry for the rant,
Tilos

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top