JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
(mods- feel free to move if there is a better section)
This past weekend I went to my favorite ridge-top to sight in a new 22lr upper/scope combo and zero an older .223 upper/scope (same lower). I got the 22lr sighed in just fine at 50yards but when I switched to the .223, well things just stopped making sense.

After finally getting on paper, shots were just all over the place and inconsistent (high, low, far right, waay far left, etc). Didn't matter if I was at 100 yards or 50. I suspect my (Nikon) scope has gone wonky on me but I would like to retest under better conditions before contacting Nikon for repair service. Ideally I'd like to strap it down to a proper sled at a range and do some groups, but all I have a a basic sight-vice along with folding table & chairs, basic spotting scope and no range membership.

Anyone willing to help me out? Maybe in return the favor in beer or computer work?

Douglas ridge is doing rifle sight in... right now its open to public for just that reason.they have a bore sighter ,25 yard ,and a 100 yard range.I went yesterday.5 bux a gun.Some really friendly and helpful folks!!!

-Scope movement was my first though but it was mounted in a Burris PEPR mount, made double certain I had tightened it down properly (cross-tightened but not too much) and applied blue loc-tite to the threads. I cant get it to move in the mounts.

-Only other scope I had at the time was one rated for rimfire only, I do have (a cheap ncstar) to test against now.

-Think I'll try this (hunter sight-in), looks like tri-county and others are having their sight-in days this month so I'll make this my next step.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top