JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a few boxes... it's expensive at just over $1 a round but there's no noticeable extra kick besides the fact that it's +P.
Ya it's noticeably lighter on my belt, faster on target, defeats soft armor and it looks cool.
Not sure on performance though, ballistic jel tests show poor penetration.

If you had a choice between a handgun or a rifle in a fire fight, the choice is obvious. But that is if you know what you are getting into. A handgun is never a good first choice, but for a lot of the time it is the only PRACTICAL choice. Saying a handgun is too slow is to admit you know little about the subject.
Colonel Cooper said - "The best thing a handgun is for is to fight your way to a long gun"...or something like that.

I too feel that universal background checks are on the horizon. During the Trump gun talk when he was pooing on due process, I heard Republicans talking about the "Craigslist Loophole." Do I like it? Not one bit, but if it is going to be done, lets make sure it is done right.

First of all, CHL holders and C&R FFLs are exempt from all BG checks. From retailers and private parties alike.

Secondly, this system is a self service program. Anyone should be able to type in a SSN or DL# into a database and get a simple pass/no pass answer. No need for the firearm information (aka de facto registration.)

This is coming, it already exists in numerous states including the entire west coast. We have seen what the state run programs have led to; the utter decimation of the used gun market. It is an absolute pain to sell a gun to another private party, and a decent time and monetary cost to do so.

Will this system be easy to circumvent by criminals? Yes.
Is our current system easy to bypass by criminals? Yes.
Will it have any effect on crime? Nope
Will any system implemented curb criminal behavior while not trampling on the 2A? Never.
Will it make Lefties feel like they did "something?" Oh yeah; great use of tax payers money o_O

2Wheels4Ever,

Generally, I like your post/proposal/suggestion. But this one?

First of all, CHL holders and C&R FFLs are exempt from all BG checks. From retailers and private parties alike.

So, the way I see it (example).......
Say that someone is accusing a spouse of domestic abuse. Well, they can still go into a court house today and get an ex parte TRO (temporary restraining order). More often then not, the TRO will be granted. The TRO will prohibit the accused from gun and ammo possession/ownership. Yup, all this can be accomplished without due process.

The actual problem will come (w/TRO or not) when someone who already has a CCW lic. uses it to buy a firearm w/o any further checks, then goes out and murders someone.

OK, Ok, ok.....to be fair. You did say that criminals* could circumvent the system.

But then.....
Why doesn't the "person asking for the TRO" buy a gun for self defense? Oh yeah......"waiting period." LOL.

But, knowing LIBERALS they won't be satisfied until ALL GUNS are confiscated and outlawed. Countless times I've heard it, "Only the Govt., Police, and the Military should have guns." So.....why give them anything? They know how to boil a frog.

Aloha, Mark

*Be it, a newly minted "criminal." Because, that person is violating a TRO (or attempting to violate the TRO).

Last Edited:
I always enjoyed watching Artillery rounds leaving the tube! With practice you can see them fly a long way. They are sloooow, but they make a big whomp when they impact. I'd like to demo one on Finkelstein! :D

@ma96782

If a person is deemed too dangerous to own a firearm, even temporarily, his CHL could easily be temporarily revoked or removed all together.

Yes, the removal of that right is easy. And, information can be put into a computer really fast.

The next step is.......when the order is removed. LOL. Don't ask me how I know. But, it's really difficult to get your firearms back (and I assume along with that, the computer file updated).

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads