JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I had a trigger job done by a guy who's very popular on the SKS Survival forum. He did a fine job, except that he replaced the hammer spring with a lighter one resulting in light primer strikes. He sent me a replacement spring which I said I would replace myself.

Well here it is like two years later and I still haven't done it. There used to be a video on youtube for this but now I cannot find it. Mind you, this is the HAMMER spring I need to replace, not the firing pin spring. Anyone know of a video link?? I'd like to sell my SKS but I don't want to do it until the primer strike issue is fixed.

Thanks!

Be warned...without the proper tools that spring can be a booger to install! I know this from the dirty words that fell out of my mouth one evening. It can be done though.:confused:

Well, sorry to revive an ancient thread, but it only six years to finally replace that hammer spring in my SKS!

Until very recently I had TOTALLY forgotten about the damn thing, AND I had totally forgotten that I already HAD a replacement hammer spring! I followed the instructions in the videos above omitting everything except the parts about removing and replacing the hammer spring. Yes, it was a b-word the get it off and on, but I finally managed.

IMG_20190904_092211255.jpg

Years ago I sent the trigger group to Murray's in Texas to have them do a trigger job. Apparently the guy put a shortened hammer spring on it which was the cause of the light primer strikes. In the photo above you can see the correct hammer spring on top, and the short sucker below.

Looking forward to getting it to the range to make sure the problem is solved once & for all!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads