JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
or 5 years payment same as cash. :(

I'm looking at gun safes and looking at my bank account and looking at gun safes and looking at my bank account. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see the politicians who are worried about gun safety get onto tax deductions like the one that expired in 2014 or rebates to support gun safety through purchase of quality safes. Hey, it's a real "common sense" approach and should fit the bill.

Speaking of bills...

Well that is up to debate with the state lawmakers fearing us criminals (law abiding gun owners) they would need more security and would write a new law that requires all criminals (law abiding gun owners) to comply and buy gun safes.
And they would figure that since they got that passed so easily, then they can start pushing a law for requiring all criminals (law abiding gun owners) to have gun insurance... ummm do not give them any more ideas of how to deliver more cuts (thousands) to our 2A.

Well, insurance deals with risk. Maybe if we get the insurance industry in here we can end up with a statistical table showing the vanishingly tiny risk associated with firearms owners in general. Just not profitable market for insurers. :rolleyes:

There was a proposed bill last year or the year before that would give tax rebates for a new gun safe. But, as pointed out, it gives them one more reason to stick their noses into our business. I would also suggest that other hobbies and rights are not subsidized by the taxpayers.

If we have any political capitol left after November, I think it would be wise to spend it carefully.

12622_506386999449264_394566299_n.jpg

No thanks, not interested in any government rebate. I don't need anymore government: Interference; Control; Inquiries; Record keeping; Rules; Regulations; Invasion of Privacy; Monitoring or Inspections...

Kinda like what's left of my privacy...

Besides ever since that horrible boating accident, all I have is an old hand saw and a rusty hammer anyways...

A good safe is expensive, but a good investment. I'd much rather have one than not have one. I finally bit the bullet a few years ago and bought a good safe. I didn't have all the money, so I went through my credit union to help finance it - not free financing, but I got a very good rate at the time, which helped ease the pain. I've been very happy to have that safe ever since. Now I can't wait until I have the problem of needing a second safe ;)

As for the government getting involved - thanks, but no thanks. I'll take care of it myself.

I actually agree with keeping the government out. Nothing like applying for a tax break to let the bureaucrats know you have an "arsenal".

My collection is modest and every one is there for some reason.

But I sure would like that "paid in full in 5 years same as cash"...

Living on a fixed income is awkward even before inflation and arbitrary minimum wage increases eat up the spending power.

I actually agree with keeping the government out. Nothing like applying for a tax break to let the bureaucrats know you have an "arsenal".

My collection is modest and every one is there for some reason.

But I sure would like that "paid in full in 5 years same as cash"...

Living on a fixed income is awkward even before inflation and arbitrary minimum wage increases eat up the spending power.

I know what you mean Guy, it's tough on all of us fixed income people. Especially when we are destin for greatness as a fishing fanatic.....
Years ago I was still working and was making above average wages with OT to boot. I still didn't really have a lot of $$$ for a good reliable safe so instead of buying new I looked and found a good used Winchester 12 gun safe and promised I'd not go fishing for a month to fund it...:eek::eek::eek:o_O Yeah I sacrificed untold horrors to get it but I missed getting on the river for my solitude of redemption.....
Hang in there, something will come along.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top