JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a STAG M4. I carried it for a week and it was a little too much for my sissy behind lol. Of course I had other stuff with it but my main focus is the carbine.

So I was thinking about a pencil barrel complete upper, something like the Colt 6720. Than I was like... hmmmm why don't I just change the barrel to a pencil barrel with my Stag..... and of course I am thinking all this at work. Than I get home and it hits me..... why don't I use that Stag M4 as a blank canvas and try to make it as light as I can.

I have another M4 that has the bipod grip VG, AimPoint, light etc. my "go to war" carbine. So I want the Stag to be my EDC patrol style rifle, accept it will be broken down into two pieces and kept in a bag. I am not paranoid but these days you never know and I rather have and not need, than to need and not have.... but I digress.

So what ideas and suggestions do you have?
I already have a MFT stock, pretty light weight. I don't have a red dot or a light on the carbine and I may add a micro red dot and a small light later but I just want to lighten the carbine within budget.

Thanks guys and galls :)

LOL.... Here I was all set to say put down the fork and the TV remote!

Make yourself a bone-stock USGI "pistol" with a 10.5" to 11.5" (my preference) barrel , no frills, no gadgets.... compact, light, dependable, and your CHL applies to concealed carrying it.

The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method is always best!

IMG_3863.JPG

Id do a pencil barrel with an Alexander Arms Mk10 handguard. Its made by layers of G10 rather than aluminum. I think a rifle length version is around 9 or 10 oz. I've ventured away from red dots toward low powered scopes because of their versatility. If you use a 1 inch tube, you can get a scope that weighs less than 12 oz that will take the shock of a 375 H&H. Just keep the stock reasonable for balance and you are good.

LOL.... Here I was all set to say put down the fork and the TV remote!

Make yourself a bone-stock USGI "pistol" with a 10.5" to 11.5" (my preference) barrel , no frills, no gadgets.... compact, light, dependable, and your CHL applies to concealed carrying it.

The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method is always best!

View attachment 349940
If I went the pistol route, I'd have to sell the Stag.... so dumb I can't convert my carbine to a pistol. An of course I'd put a law tactical folding mechanism on it... awww lawd lol

The lighter I go the shakier I get. Especially when my hearts pounding with excitement.
6 1/2# seems optimal, and as I approach 5 and below the wobbles take over.
Unless you bench all your shots with a ton of crutches I would keep the weight and dump something else.

Go with a lightweight barrel its that simple. if you don't need the shell deflector and forward assist get a slab side receiver. if railed get the lightest rail out there float the barrel with a carbon fiber float tube . if are not going to use the front sight get us a lightweight gas block. If you go with a tubbs or extra power buffer spring you can go with a standard buffer and a lightweight bolt carrier group light weight bolt carrier groups can be expensive I suggest a colt Half circle carrier. A LW carrier may require an adjustable gas block to fine tube but they make light weight ones just for this purpose. Use GI aluminum mags not the heavy pmags, or use 10 round mags instead of 30 if that still is not lightweight enough get a one of those plastic lowers. they make those skeleoton receivers that will lighten it even more but those just don't look safe to me. You can also get a 14.5 barrel and have a 1.5" flash haided pinned for legal 16" length or pay to have it registered as a sbr as mentioned and shorten the barrel. The original colt style fiberlight stocks are pretty light so light its crazy . Then the rifle will fell so light it might jump out of your hands when you shoot it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top