JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome.
Start with the safety first take a hunter safety class.
Then move on from there.
Find a range that offers classes.
This can get exspesive but if you want to learn more about guns.
And hang around here try to Meet a few people may be somebody will adopt you.LOL
I'm really to far north to offer any help.

Welcome,

This forum has a lot of experienced people. As mentioned before SafeFire in Camas is a first class facility with many classes monthly.
The instructors are first rate. You can rent a firearm for the classes (both Pistol an Rifle). Wednesday is the $10 rental for any pistol. And you can swap out pistols without incurring more cost. You have to buy the ammo they sell.
As mentioned numerous times in this forum, it costs more at that facility than other ranges. I'm a member there so I maybe biased.
My reasons for membership at SafeFire is it is clean, well kept, and friendly. You get what you pay for. They also have a retail store and Brimstone
Gunsmith shop on the premises.
And the range officers are very helpful to new shooters. Just tell them your a newbie and you receive positive instructions.
IMHO.....it is worth a visit.
Again welcome........TKO

I just discovered SafeFire earlier this year and I can't say enough good things about the place.

It was the first time I took my daughter shooting at a range and it was a very positive experience for her. Everyone is super friendly and helpful while mindful of gun safety.

The cost is negligible to me considering what you get out of it. Everyone that I have taken there feels the same way.

You should do yourself a favor and check it out and sign up for one of their classes.

Is it just me or is there a weird sense in pop culture and society that you're supposed to feel ashamed of owning a gun?

Its Portland. I don't advertise that I have weapons or if I do I might admit to my bolt action MilSurps or my shotguns. I don't need the average Joe progressive around here knowing anything about me and my weapons.

20191223_181257.jpg 20191223_215756.jpg

Yes, first timer here, They just told my to aim.. so I didn't have a back sight to line up with the front sight. Just a front sight. After I finished they noticed that i didn't have both sights. First timer, i didn't know there were 2. AR15 results poor.. assorted pistols and revolvers.. much better.

Ah. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Didn't your coach/mentor explain about sights? I guess you never got to play Equestrian cattle operatives and hostile indigenous native population groups when you were younger - prolly why you and sights appear to be strangers. :)

Nice! Hard to get a good alignment without using the rear and front sights :)

Most AR-15's I have seen now a days have a front and rear pop up sight, if they have sights at all. The Magpul back up sights seem to be popular. A lot of them have some sort of optics. With my old eyes, I like red dots. But 7 yards with a pistol, I can still hold my own with iron sights. More or less good enough for defensive work. Welcome to the world of shooting sports :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top