JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so for the past months now I've been going up to goose neck rd to go target practice but I've heard that it's not allowed anymore just like to know if anyone knows of any other places near Salem to go out and shoot not including indoor ranges.

Join a range.

We did ARPC when living in NE Salem. Albany Rifle and Pistol Club.

Excellent range. Safe. Inexpensive. Can volunteer to cut some off of the next year's membership. We just didn't have the time.

No worries about wasting time driving around trying to find a safe spot, or if Methhead bob and sally would come down the road.

Very liberal, yet safe range rules.

Could shoot until 8pm weekends, 9p weekdays. So well after dark late fall, winter and early spring. Great to practice night vision, as well as home defense setups (gunlights). Also excellent to get unaided twilight shots in.

We'd occassionally setup portable battery spotlights on the main range if just plinking after dark.

A few bays I think have coin operated spotlights, and the main rifle bay has fluorescents for the bay itself (you can turn them off).

?9 pistol bays, plus then the main rifle range has 50, 100 & 200 yards. They just put back pistol plates at the end of the rifle bay as we moved away. Handy to practice both without packing up and going to a bay—no motion though on main range.

Longest pistol bay had ?50 yards, so plenty distance wise to practice motion/transition.

Used to have new member orientation a few times a month. At least once per month though. Was no wait list back when we joined, dunno about now, but doubt it. Tricounty I think is wait listed, never been though. So dunno.

Was about 40 min drive time from NE Salem to ARPC. Again very well worth it for us. YMMV.

Edit, adding:

Had met a lot of great folks while members there, and learned a lot (as well as shared a little).

Last Edited:
so for the past months now I've been going up to goose neck rd to go target practice but I've heard that it's not allowed anymore just like to know if anyone knows of any other places near Salem to go out and shoot not including indoor ranges.
Get involved with this range clean-up !
Meet new friends and find other places to shoot while you are helping our resource.
Mary's Peak Cleanup 9-23-18

If you want to join a club, try Four Corners. It's closer than Albany, not very expensive.

Four Corners Rod and Gun Club | Salem, Oregon

Never had been, rules seemed restrictive to us, so really depends on what the OP wants to practice. From Four Corners range rules "...No handgun working from the holster...", so that rite there is a nope for us. Ok though at ARPC in the bays, as well as at our current S.Oregon range.

You can do holster pulls at Albany the last time I looked at their site anyway. I prefer shooting on public land myself but
may end up joining there eventually so I can shoot during fire season.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top