JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
A old hunting buddy of my dads wanted to by a ar platform rifle and he had a friend of ours bring him up to see mine it is a AR-15 from R&Janderson in m,cminnville i let him look at it and he sarts talking about tradeing a 1946 hi startdard pistol and som cash and told him buddy ive wanted one as far back as i can remember and my wife bought it for me for christmas but i told him you take it and shoot it if you like it ill help fine you one he left me the 22 to shoot but i had done told him had no use for 22 pistol well a week went by he finally showsup and says itstoheavy so i said well giveit here theres plenty of lighter ones but he for got it at home well he got sick and was in and out of the hospital and i was helping take care of him and so then finally thought hard about it and told him hey if my rifle is at your nephews less go get it then he went in the hospital for two more weeks but i got on line found his nephew and told him his uncle said he had my rifle i wanted to drive up and get it then my heart sunk he sid hoss i dont know what my uncle said or is doing but i heard aboutyourcustom rifle but aint never seen it so went and takk to another friend of ours said he sold that two months ago and i dont know who to and hes 81 stubborn a lier and crook and a thief but now does anyone know what steps do i take to get it back shourt of hanging him upside down from a tree till he tells cause the police tell me its civil matter cause i loaned tro him thtas a first for me but just asking im mad and my wifes feelings are hurtover it and i dont thtat im that stupid that i would even consider trading a 1800.00 rifle for a 250 pistol any thoughtsor info would be greatly appreceaited thank hoss

KIMG0262.png

Not very readable, but from what I do read, if you did this recently (i.e., in the last five years), you are probably SOL:

1) It sounds like you did this without going thru the legal channel of transferring the firearm via an FFL.

2) It sounds like you have no paperwork/contract/etc. - just your word vs. his.

If both are true, or even just #1 is true, the best you can do is talk to a lawyer, preferably one who is proficient in Oregon gun laws. If that firearm is traceable back to you, especially if you acquired it since the BGC laws went into effect (2015), I strongly recommend you talk to a lawyer. You might not get your rifle back, but the lawyer might prevent you from going to jail.

Finally, I recommend you don't go online and post about this.

Holy crap batman. You need to proof read before you hit "post".

From what I am gathering unfortunately you're pretty screwed. Looks like you got taken.

Only real option here is potentially civil suit but don't think the odds are in your favor. Best of luck.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads