JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sig P225. is a single stack 9mm. Missing the rail you asked for though.
Alternatively as others have said, a 1911 model in 9mm would also fit your criteria.

As others have said, maybe have your practice loads scaled down a bit so as to not have impact on your wrist. Also, you could practice with a wrist brace that could help mitigate/absorb some of the impact you are having.

Alternatively as others have said, a 1911 model in 9mm would also fit your criteria.

As others have said, maybe have your practice loads scaled down a bit so as to not have impact on your wrist. Also, you could practice with a wrist brace that could help mitigate/absorb some of the impact you are having.
I made my decision a few days ago..........My new Walther P99 AS, 9mm, generation 3, 4", will arrive in a few days.
My FFL friend will sell the Sig for me and I'll use those funds to purchase a Stream light TLR+2 HL G (green laser/800lumens light combo which does fit P99. )And this combo is quickly and easily removed from the rail.
I also found a holster that fits this combo......made by Fobus. Gun has four forms of "safetys", one of which is a " decocker", which I like.
Wearing a wrist (velcro-type brace) should help with handling recoil.)
Thanks again for all the responses.

Although the choice is made, one Item I want is a lanyard loop.
Could be useful keeping control of the gun with lots happening.
So I use my Sig SP2022 with night sights and a Sig laser/light on the rail

Although the choice is made, one Item I want is a lanyard loop.
Could be useful keeping control of the gun with lots happening.

So I use my Sig SP2022 with night sights and a Sig laser/light on the rail
Received my P99 today.....will hopefully begin to run some rounds thru it this week end.
.....I mounted the Laser/Light combo and it fits the rail and frame perfectly..... Mounting it took less than a minute and only required a "coin" (a quarter) to secure it to the rail.
.......Note to taroman::::
The bottom edge of the interchangeable grip panels do have the capability of attaching a lanyard.
I will probably do my daylight target shooting with the laser/Light removed and reattach it for night stand use.
I think I am going to be very pleased with this pistol and the laser/Light combo.
I thank the Easter Bunnie for such a proper birthday gift for an 84 yr old old codger.........how does one "thank himself"???
Range reports to follow.

I had a Walther PPQ as my bedside gun and replaced it with the P99 AS 9mm. It's just a superb gun. The PPQ's trigger is so light that you basically just breathe on it and it fires. I'm not the most alert person when I'm startled awake at night, so that concerned me. The DA decocker on the P99 AS is ideal for me, and the follow up SA trigger is still superb, although not as light as the PPQ. I've put over a 1000 rounds through it without a single malfunction. You're going to love it. I use a TLR-4 laser/light combo on mine and it makes it so simple just to flick it on without changing my firing grip. Great choice!

Know this is an old thread but I'd revommend one of the newer colt combat commanders in 9mm 04610. I have one and carry it comfortably and the recoil is non existent. Since you're framiliar with the 1911 platform I think it would be perfect for you.

image.jpeg

A 1911- 45 with laser grips. When that roid raging 325 pound linebacker kicks down your door, you dont want to have to shoot him twice. In all self defense situations nothing less than a 45 for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top