JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks again to you guys for the responses to my original posts (#1 & #13) re my looking for suggestions and opinions on a pistol to replace my Sig 1911 c3.
I' m just about ready to do the following:...........
A local FFL holder is willing to take my Sig 1911 C3 (w/ it's custom holster and 120 230gr FMJ Rounds)) and will in return, get me a NIB S&W, M&P,C9, with the external Safety (which I want), AND a Crimson Trace Green Laser (recommended for the Rail on the C9), and 200 9mm 115gr JHP rounds -----no money involved.

I'd ask for all that but bump up the ammo count to 1000 rounds, seriously.:cool:
Good luck sir.;)

I moved from .45, 1911s to the Springfield EMP in 9mm because of arthritis in my hands. It comes stock with night sights and a single stack 9 round magazine. The grip frame is a bit smaller and the stocks are thin so hanging on it also a bit easier for me.

Great sized carry gun and with night sights it works great for me at night.

I have to think if the OP can afford a Sig, he can probably do the EMP.

I own two other nines... one a competition pistol and one a carry pistol. And I'm still kicking around the idea of converting my Para P14.45 comp pistol to a P18 (9mm). I already have 3 mags for it but I got other priorities. Sheesh, so much to do, so little $$$.

Ok with modern Federal HST ammunition, I can honestly say that a Beretta Model 84 in .380 ACP would be your best bet. Something more compact, but not overly so, and in a more mild caliber. If you can't hit something due to recoil, then you downsize your caliber. Another option is a compact Bersa in .380 ACP. I'd rather hit with a .22 LR than miss with a 9mm...

Ok with modern Federal HST ammunition, I can honestly say that a Beretta Model 84 in .380 ACP would be your best bet. Something more compact, but not overly so, and in a more mild caliber. If you can't hit something due to recoil, then you downsize your caliber. Another option is a compact Bersa in .380 ACP. I'd rather hit with a .22 LR than miss with a 9mm...
"Nightstand gun".. the OP wants a nightstand gun.. and has delineated in detail what he's looking for when it comes to particulars.

Thanks again to you guys for the responses to my original posts (#1 & #13) re my looking for suggestions and opinions on a pistol to replace my Sig 1911 c3.
I' m just about ready to do the following:...........
A local FFL holder is willing to take my Sig 1911 C3 (w/ it's custom holster and 120 230gr FMJ Rounds)) and will in return, get me a NIB S&W, M&P,C9, with the external Safety (which I want), AND a Crimson Trace Green Laser (recommended for the Rail on the C9), and 200 9mm 115gr JHP rounds -----no money involved.

I like the 9c, it's my daily carry gun - a very nice pistol in my opinion. But I have to agree with @Joe13, unless that laser is worth about $500 on it's own, or your Sig is really beat up, it seems like he's getting the better end of the deal, for what it's worth.

"Nightstand gun".. the OP wants a nightstand gun.. and has delineated in detail what he's looking for when it comes to particulars.

Uhhhhh...
1/...A pistol that I can also use as an "every day carry" weapon, if I so choose to carry if I feel the need for possible protection under certain circumstances.

:cool:

Nah, he recommended a .380... the reference to a .22lr was just a side note.
I hear you. It's kinda funny and typical of the way threads go. The classic is where someone will ask about what caliber rifle to get for 100lb deer out to 100yds.
9/10 posters will recommend at least a .300 Win mag because he might need to shoot an elk at 600 yards. pretty comical

I hear you. It's kinda funny and typical of the way threads go. The classic is where someone will ask about what caliber rifle to get for 100lb deer out to 100yds.
9/10 posters will recommend at least a .300 Win mag because he might need to shoot an elk at 600 yards. pretty comical

I can see that... people trying to be helpful by thinking outside the box. Then there's folks that either can't see the box, have poor reading comprehension, didn't read the comment thoroughly if at all... etc. Oh well. People write the strangest things. :)

I know a lot here have been guiding you in the direction of a single stack.

However there are a bunch of double stacks out there that fit nicely into smaller hands.

I'm not sure if you have ever handled one, but my recommendation would be the Glock 19.

I have small hands as does my wife. Both of us own/carry/shoot the 19.

Just another thought to add onto the fun of trying to pick out a firearm!

This is how you mount a light on a Sig 938, streamlight tlr-6, the model for the 238/938 is $104 shipped on Amazon. I would like to thank the OP for his question because I've been wanting a light for my 938 and didn't think it was possible until I just did this search.

The P938 is a super comfortable to shoot and carry gun. I think it fits all the requirements stated.

image.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads