JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on the search for another barrel for my 1100 12ga. for a while now, so I can cut one of them down to 18". My gun is chambered for 2 3/4" shells right now. I found a old, but new barrel for $55, problem is, it is a 3" chamber. Through my horrible internet research, I've found that it will work with my receiver, but that I really should only shoot 3" shells with it.

I'm looking for some more input on this, before I buy it tomorrow. Will the rest of my gun handle the 3" shells?

You can always shoot 2 3/4 shells through a 3" barrel. The problem with the 1100 barrels is the 3" barrels have a small "gas port" hole to regulate the amount of gas escaping to operate the action. Buy the barrel for $50 (thats a steal) and shoot some of your preferred ammo (probably full house slugs or buck?) and see if it will function. If it does not (I bet it will) function send me a PM and I will walk you through how to "fix" it!!!.......good luck.......

The new barrel fits great. I decided to cut the old one, since the new one is longer, so better for hunting. The original is now 18 5/8", I cut it at the closest rib post and still be legal. Now I need a blued mag extension!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top