JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so after listenning to the comments regarding an earlier post of mine (gun vs safe) the members convinced me that I need to get a good safe, thanks guys.

I have been researching and, as with most things, many of the safes seem to have similar features, but at a wide variety of prices. I am just curious about what some of your experiences have been with certain brands, good or bad. Seems like some are just higher priced based on their name/rep, but I don't know.

My budget is up to $1200, but obviously if I could get something with similar quality and features $800-900 I would be much happier. Looking for something with capacity of 24+ long gun capacity, would like a digital keypad, and whatever other bells and whistles you guys might suggest.

If anyone knows of a good consumer reports type comparison of the brands out there that could be very helpful.

Spend lots of time doing research, many well known names are crap and just as expensive as better brands. So far my research is pointing me to Browning,Rogue or liberty safes. I would stay away from big box store safes unless you just want a locking box that will slow tweekers down but no concern with stopping them.

Look for US made and free delivery possibly with free set up too.

I ordered mine from Home Depot online, but I got a Cannon Scout. Have had it for a year and have been very happy with it. One thing to keep in mind is that you should buy a safe that's twice as big as you think you need. Also, note that just because it says it holds 24 guns doesn't mean you can get 24 guns in there and actually be able to get to them without having to unload the whole safe.

Tons of info about gun safes. All depends on what you want -- with your research.

There's overall security (thickness of steel, if it's composite or solid, what type of metal, if it's just the door or the entire case, etc). There's the type of bolt used (solid, hollow, slab, etc.) Same with the keypad/lock.

There's also fire protection (some have heat-triggered expandable seals), options around humidity, shelving, etc. Just too much to try and give a primer here.

And then there's your situation. If you have no safe and just want something to deter people, that's one thing. If you're actually looking for protection, that's another. I started off with "just something". Now I'm looking to upgrade -- getting something better than what I started with.

Anyway, that video is a good one -- watched that before I got my first safe. :)

When you settle on a safe, and the size of the safe go at least two sizes larger. You'll be surprised of the stuff besides guns that will end up in it.

GUN SAFES "THE TRUTH" weaponseducation - YouTube

I bought a Cannon Executive vault and have had no issues since getting it in 2001. Bought it thru Costco for $1,000 and was delivered to my door. They don't sell this exact model but have several available.

Great video, deadeye, thank you. Think I am leaning toward the Browning sp23 at this point. Love the fact that I can have easy access to my favorite eight rifles (in the door) without having to remove others to get to them. That's a no brainer to me.

Also a 45 minute fire rating. Seems like I might have my model picked, but haven't made my decision yet.

Can you tell us more about this deal? Browsing the site it seems that the smallest model starts at $1314

Call or email them, they'll knock off approximately 10% from the advertised price. This includes add-ons. However, the shipping company in PDX doesn't give a discount to pick it up at the terminal.

Call Kirt Liberty Safes in Canby Oregon , alot of guys will delver to your driveway, Kirt will put it where you want it in your house. Liberty Fat boy is a goo basic , and big safe, I went with the liberty lincoln I really like having the lighted and heated options.

Update. Just got the sucker home and where I want it to be. I ended up going with the Browning Sporter series sp33. The door storage was what did it for me. Leaves so much more room inside and allows quick access to the top eleven long guns without having to take out others to get to them. Thanks to all for your thoughts and opinions.

<broken link removed>

When you settle on a safe, and the size of the safe go at least two sizes larger. You'll be surprised of the stuff besides guns that will end up in it.

This, is important, you will put a bunch of other things in there, passports, birth certs. etc.

Also a "24 gun" safe is for 24 guns without pistol grips and without optics.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top