Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need some information on purchasing lower/Oregon

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Shellshocker66, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Shellshocker66

Shellshocker66 Southern Oregon Member

So I just recently signed up as I'm on the fast track to moving to Oregon. I have some questions for the Oregon folks.

1. Medford/Grants Pass is there a gun store that sells AR parts? Specifically lowers?

2. What is the normal price for a stripped lower up there?

3. I would imagine it's just like down here and you have to pass the background for a receiver? So if I have done my homework correctly I think the charge is $10 for the OR background check?

4. What are the laws on purchasing a lower online and what are the average charges an FFL will require for that service?

Thank you in advance!

2. bulzeye

bulzeye scappoose Member

3. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Noveske is out of Grants Pass & builds some really good stuff. Check'em out.

4. Shellshocker66

I'm such a blond, totally forgot Noveske is up there and 44mag.com!

Still trying to figure out appox pricing. I can pick up a couple lowers here before I leave for $79 each, plus tax, plus 1 DROS fee (our background) for $25.00. I have noticed we have more online store fronts from our brick and mortar stores down here so you can price compare before heading out the door. Been trying to find some online store prices in Southern Oregon and so far not much luck.

Thanks for the replies!

5. Withemsgunshop

Withemsgunshop Murphy, Oregon New Member

There are 5 gun shops around grants pass give or take. Most of us cary AR parts and or can order anything you want. If you buy a gun off the internet and have it delivered to one of the shops most will charge 35.00$ to do the paperwork. I have found that peapel do not take this into consideration when they buy off of the internet. When you get to town come out to the shop and say hi.

6. Shellshocker66

Will do! Thanks for the reply.

7. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

I've found that online+shipping+FFL fees are about the same as a brick and mortar price. I like to support local shops if possible.