JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm trying to find some info on a Springfield 1903 mark 1... from the little research I was able to do, this is what I know (correct me if I'm wrong). The receiver was produced around 1918 , serial number starts with 106xxxx. Around 1944 it looks like the barrel had been replaced with a Remington barrel? Which I think was pretty standard... the back of the bolt actually says Mark 2, it's missing the front sight, and it looks like the stock was replaced at some point or sportorized... I know these things can be worth a decent amount, I'm just not sure with all the different stuff going on with this rifle. Any insight? Trying to figure out if it's worth getting on a trade.

DFDC2211-E95C-4EC6-81FC-8E8D6B915388.jpeg

Nice looking sporter....
Might be tough to re-build as a military rifle given that the rifle has been drilled and tapped for a scope.
I'd think about keeping it as is...
Many WWI rifles were overhauled for use in WWII , which appears to have been the case with your rifle.

Lots of modifications on your rifle :
Stock cut down...
Handguard and barrel bands missing...
Nose cap missing...
As well as being drilled and tapped for a scope

Assuming the bore is good ... around my neck of the woods , this would sell for around $250- $300 ish.....
If one were to find the right buyer.
Nothing really "wrong" with a sporterized military rifle , this was done often in the 1920's - 1980s when surplus arms were common and fairly inexpensive ...but they can be a difficult rifle to re-sell or trade off.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads