JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i want to join the Marines really really badly. My only problem is with the VA sending their letters disarming vets scares me, Of course i love guns so if i join, and i come back what if they put on my record that i have mental disabilities and i cant buy guns? I would probably die if that happend haha. any advice? Should i join or not? I know its my decision but i just need help.

you should do what you feel is right. considering you wish to join badly (if im getting your meaning correctly), it makes me feel like you are only about 18 or 19 years old. you should consider talking to people who have gone to war and knows what its like to see the terrible things war holds. then think about how it may make you feel to be in that position and i mean really think about it. the grand majority of people who join the military completely sane and return home with serious problems they cant handle, really should not have put themselves there to begin with. if you are a calm collected person who is able to deal with hard issues you may be the kind of person who can live with the harsh things war will make you do. just so you know, recruiters will lie about all sorts of things, so make sure you back check everything you liked hearing from them. also all marines are combat personnel, dont be made a fool by thinking you would be anywhere else but combat as your main role.

I wanted to also.
I joined June 1975.
If what some lace-pantie government bureaucrat may or may not do four years from now worries you,
the Marine Corps and Vektus may not be a good match.
Marine Corps boot camp trains youngsters to be trained basic warriors (if they graduate).
After Basic, HQMC will send them to military schools to teach them their MOS-Military Occupational Speciality.
They may or may not get what they chose at the recruiters office. HQMC decides whats best for them and the Corps.
A very few graduates will be asked if they might be willing to go to officers basic (an additional 6 months of boot camp).
It's not a foregone conclusion that upon graduation the new Marines will be shipped out to the sandbox (Afghanistan)
There are many posts in the world that a trained Marine can be assigned, many are far from active warfare.
I was originally offered radar repair school. I received orders to attend radio operators school. I did my best, came out the best. Ended up in Mulit-channel platoon, Communications Co, Hq Bn, 1st Div. It was good. About doing my best? HQMC re-evaluated my file and sent me to radar school. A year later, I did my best again. Notice I had nothing to do with getting to radar school.

As what you feel, foreget your feelings, forget the word feel. I can assure the only person in the world who cares about your feelings will not be present should you choose to get off the bus, and stand on the yellow footprints with the others.
Evaluate, conclude all by yourself what you want to do then take the steps to accomplish the goal.

If you enlist, PM me. I will pray for your success.
Semper Fidelis
Rick

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top