JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys and gals,

I've got a S&W Model 59 Blued 9mm pistol that I'm thinking about selling. I've done some research on the pistol and have come up with a price that I think is fair. But before I post that price, I wanted to see what some of you collectors or those of you looking for vintage pistols would say that it's worth. Let me give you some info about the pistol.

Everything on it is original, except for the grips. I replaced the stock grips with some rubberized ones that make it feel better in MY hands. The slide has a few spots on it with what look like very small dents. May have been from the previous owner as I've never dropped this gun. Barrel is in fantastic shape as far as I can tell. I've probably shot less than 500 rounds through it over the 14 years I've had it. I have one after market magazine for it, as the original had rusted out soon after I got it. I don't have the original manual or box, but I will be selling it in the box that I have. I'm looking into getting a smaller, easier to conceal weapon, since I've recently got my CHL.

So, overall, I'm looking for the opinions of you experts out there to give me a reasonable estimate of what you think this pistol would sell for. I'll post pictures of the barrel, slide, grips, etc later tonight when I get home.

Thanks guys and gals!!! I really appreciate any help you can provide!! :D

Here are the pics I promised:

IMG_6229.jpg
Here's the gun with the after market magazine

IMG_6252.jpg
Side view. You can see the small "dents/abrasions" I mentioned.

IMG_6254.jpg
Other side of the pistol.

IMG_6231.jpg
Close up of the "dents/abrasions"

IMG_6264.jpg
Here's a picture of the inside of the barrel. It's the best I could get with my Canon 60D without a Macro lens. You can see the rifling in the barrel, but there are no abnormalities.

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

Thanks for the replies!! The only reason I'm even considering selling this is because I would like to get a better CHL handgun. Selling it would help offset the price. I haven't fully decided whether I'm actually going to sell yet, I'm still evaluating all my options.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top