Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need some advice on buying a handgun

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by dkraley, Apr 12, 2014.

1. dkraley

dkraley van wa. Member

Ok so here is that deal " a buddy" of mine got a handgun from another "buddy" thay both live in wa but the gun came from or. But was not transferred by a ffl dealer ...the gun is legal ..guess what I'm asking does it matter how it got to wa.

2. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Hmmmm. Tricky. Guns cross state lines all the time. As long as it wasn't a FTF sale between an OR resident and a WA resident I'm not sure what to say.

3. SPHBS

SPHBS Portland Active Member

Its hard to follow what you described but if the pistol was purchased from an OR resident or business, then the first 'buddy' (who I understand is a WA resident) would had to have had the pistol transferred to him via FFL.

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't touch it, unless it's been processed correctly. That's just me.

5. dkraley

dkraley van wa. Member

Lucky for me I know the seller I'll just take it back over and have it transferred to me in wa ..tell the truth I just being lazy an tiered of paying taxs in 2 states since I live in wa an work in or

6. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

As long as your buying a gun from a wa resident it doesn't matter just CYA and do a bill of sale and your safe.

7. Gootz

Gootz Portland, OR New Member

Second this