JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an RCBS 44 mag/spl carbide die set I purchased used (part# 18608). It is missing the decapping pin in the sizing die and I understand there are several different part numbers of pins. Does anybody here know which pin number I would need to replace it? See pic for type of unit I have.
20190721_074100.jpg

Without disassembling my old 45 Colt size/decapping steel die (early 80's) I'm willing to bet it is the older large size straight style pin. I do not believe those pins are still offered. Those pins are still used on some style competition dies, however, I see on the RCBS site they offer an upgrade decapping assembly for the older dies that accept headed pins.
Incidentally, when I punch in your die number in RCBS search it brings up a standard non carbide die set. Below is their link, with a picture and description on how to tell a carbide set from a regular set.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you come up with.

Without disassembling my old 45 Colt size/decapping steel die (early 80's) I'm willing to bet it is the older large size straight style pin. I do not believe those pins are still offered. Those pins are still used on some style competition dies, however, I see on the RCBS site they offer an upgrade decapping assembly for the older dies that accept headed pins.
Incidentally, when I punch in your die number in RCBS search it brings up a standard non carbide die set. Below is their link, with a picture and description on how to tell a carbide set from a regular set.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you come up with.
Thanks for that link. I think you might be right. Thanks

@arakboss ... So I tore into some loose reloading stuff I got and came up with these packages of early pins. My understanding there are two sizes, Large and Small. Unsure of their diameter I measured these up, still in the package, and they came out .065 and .074 with the .003 packaging. Unfortunately, there are no item numbers on the packages, but all my dies are RCBS, so I picked these up years ago in my early reloading days. Just a note, I have never broken a pin and I reload for seven calibers, but none progressively.

If you would like one of each I would be happy to send them to you, on me. PM me your address if so.

P1160001.JPG

@arakboss ... So I tore into some loose reloading stuff I got and came up with these packages of early pins. My understanding there are two sizes, Large and Small. Unsure of their diameter I measured these up, still in the package, and they came out .065 and .074 with the .003 packaging. Unfortunately, there are no item numbers on the packages, but all my dies are RCBS, so I picked these up years ago in my early reloading days. Just a note, I have never broken a pin and I reload for seven calibers, but none progressively.

If you would like one of each I would be happy to send them to you, on me. PM me your address if so.

View attachment 602202
Thank you for the offer. I stopped by Cabela's and picked up part #9609 (5 pack) and they fit perfectly. I appreciate the your efforts. I could have upgraded the entire stem to a new unit that accepts headed pins but I don't think I will be having to change the pins very often.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top