JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know of any inexpensive camo netting that will last a while? I bought one of these Allen brand camo nets cuz they were on clearance at Walmart but they are thin like cloth, not heavy plastic and not burlap. They faded within a very short time due to UV from the sun and became just a grey color. They also tear very easily. I knew what I was getting into due to Allen brand but they were like $3.50 so I thought I would try it. but they are just bad.

So I'm looking for recommendations. I use for making impromptu hides for photographing birds/wildlife almost exclusively but if I ever get back into duck hunting I could use for that also. I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!
3762F017-891B-4A01-8878-37448A0CEC89.jpeg

If you suspect whatever you buy might fade, maybe try pretreatment with a UV protector?

REI should have something, solarshield or some such.

Edit: Sportsmans Warehouse carries one as well.

Last Edited:
If you suspect whatever you buy might fade, maybe try pretreatment with a UV protector?

REI should have something, solarshield or some such.

Edit: Sportsmans Warehouse carries one as well.

All I have I bought at a Walmart on sale. It has real small holes. Rustoleum sells good Camo Paint and Wallyworld carries it too. A leather needle and twine attaches local foliage for a Blind or Cape.

I ended up ordering a 300 denier one from amazon that has woodland camo on one side and wetland grass on the other side. I will spray/wipe down with 303 protectant (the best UV protector on the planet as far as I'm concerned). Thanks for the ideas!
A1DG7hmhQSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We have used the Hunter specialties on our portable duck blinds. Looks like it is hard to get, and it definitely sun bleaches if left out. I will have to try that 303 protectant

We have used the Hunter specialties on our portable duck blinds. Looks like it is hard to get, and it definitely sun bleaches if left out. I will have to try that 303 protectant
That stuff is really amazing for uv protection. One example: In 2012 I bought 2 resin lawn chairs and a matching table. All have been sitting outside 24/7 since. I sprayed/wiped down the 2 lawn chairs when I got them but not the table. The chairs look the same as new but the table has totally turned a different color, so much so that the table should really be thrown away (butt ugly ha ha).

fwiw for the camo netting I used a fine mist regular household sprayer cuz it was too cumbersome to wipe with all the holes in the netting. Uses (wastes) more product that way but you can do the whole net in around 5 minutes or so. I would suggest buying a gallon cuz it will last a long time and is cheaper in the long run if you use on cars, boats, or other stuff that receives sun. Or if limited use, the quart bottles may be more cost effective.

I find it works good on protecting car weatherstripping from deterioration long term, or most anything plastic or rubber (like the typical things such as dash etc). I also use on old German cars (I collect them) which are notorious for the hoses (both plastic and rubber) under the hood to deteriorate from sitting. For hoses/weatherstripping drying out I haven't seen a huge difference long term between 303 vs. silicone spray/grease which I didn't expect (DuPont krytox is the gold standard for that but it costs $35 for 0.5 oz, so not worth it to me). Lastly 303 will revive (at least in terms of appearance) old rubber and plastic such as oxidized rubber focus rings on camera lenses and plastics on motorcycles etc. I have literally tried every detailing product over the years from restoring old cars and in terms of UV there is nothing better imo.

Here is a what a 16 year old camera lens looked like after I used 303 (sorry I don't have before pics). The Lens hadheavy use from previous owner (sports photographer) and the rubber rings had turned almost white over the years from oxidation. Won't fix scratches etc of course but for oxidation and "looking old" it does a really amazing job (note that the cover on the end has been in case since new so that is not a fair example).

479C1AE9-3B8C-40B2-A66E-94633289B281.jpeg

Got a link for that one? Also, can you be more specific with the 303 protectant? Thanks in advance.
Sure. This is the two sided one. Available in various sizes. They also make a one-sided 300 denier version where the back side is brown but it's only about $7 (if I remember right) cheaper so wasn't worth it to me to save $7 I would rather have both side camo. Seems to be pretty thick and more like a nylon type material rather than a cotton type. Not shiny.

303 protectant u can find at ace hardware or online: ace used to be around $8-9 for 16 oz spray bottle but that has been some years ago so not sure of current price. Looks like Amazon is $15ish for 16oz and $58 for a gallon.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top